• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Community Manager

Find Your Orbi With the NEW Orbi Product Selector

Finding the right Orbi Mesh WiFi System for your home just got easier, thanks to our new Orbi product selector! With many Orbi Systems available, it may be overwhelming trying to find one that best fits your home networking needs. When doing research for the best Orbi for your home, you might find yourself asking questions like, “How many Orbi satellites do I need for full WiFi coverage?” or “Do I need a Tri-Band Orbi or Dual Band Orbi?” or even “Is Orbi WiFi 6 best for my growing smarthome?”

With the “Find My Orbi” product selector, we help match you with the most ideal Orbi based on the size of your home, the number of people using WiFi, your online activities, where your existing WiFi falls short, and whether or not you’re renting a modem from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you’re looking to upgrade your network to get better WiFi everywhere, try out the Orbi product selector today!

Find the best Orbi for my home!

Step 1: Choose the size of your homeProduct Selector - Step 1.jpg

Step 2: Select the number of people using WiFiProduct Selector - Step 2.jpg

Step 3: Tell us your regular online activitiesProduct Selector - Step 3.jpg

Step 4: Tell us where your WiFi fall shortProduct Selector - Step 4.jpg

Step 5: Tell us if you're renting equipment from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)Product Selector - Step 5.jpg

Step 6: See which Orbi is best suited for your home!Product Selector - Step 6.jpg

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Find Your Orbi With the NEW Orbi Product Selector

I have been in the market for a new WiFi 6 mesh system for my home but I have been turned off by the aesthetic design of most of the offerings on the table.

Out of all the systems I have looked at, the Orbi WiFi 6 mesh units seem to be the best in terms of technology, performance, configuration options and security. But that design!!! I just can’t stomach it.

I just don’t like the look of this new system. I’m just not digging the “vase” look of the AC system and the grey and blue hexagonal AX orbi system is even worse. I wouldn’t want these eyesores sitting on a shelf where I’d have to look at them, no matter how good the performance.

Design-wise, I am very attracted to look of the ASUS XT8 in charcoal color. They have a design that I would proudly put on display. I was also attracted to the Linksys Velop AX system, but although I like the square, tower-like design, it’s administration interface is way too dumbed-down for power users.

Technologically, I prefer the administration interface of the Asus offering to any of the other systems, with fine control of everything I could want to adjust. Great for power-users.

Please redesign the look of the Orbi system to look more attractive to guys like me who like the black utilitarian appearance of home A/V equipment.

If the Netgear Orbi had the look of the ASUS XT8 or CT8 in charcoal, I would have without question purchased it immediately. Alas, I personally wouldn’t display such a sterile, out of place looking device on my shelf.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Luminary

Unless you like being frustrated and constant reconfiguration, Run.  Run away now. 

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

Enjoying my Orbi Systems. Smiley Very Happy

My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>RBK853 v3.1.15.32(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, RBK50, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Enjoying my Orbi Systems. And seagull posting in everyones's threads. Smiley Very Happy

FTFY

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

Orbi is currently working and stable on v16. Best FW to date. 

My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>RBK853 v3.1.15.32(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, RBK50, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 6 of 6