Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Finding a compatible satellite

Satelliteissue
Aspirant

Finding a compatible satellite

I have an Orbi router (RBR50) and satellite (RBS50).  I would like to buy an additional satellite, but can't find an RBS50 in stock anywhere in Australia.  

Has the RBS50 been discontinued?

Would the Orbi AX4200 Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 add-on satellite work with my set up?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@Satelliteissue wrote:

I have an Orbi router (RBR50) and satellite (RBS50).  I would like to buy an additional satellite, but can't find an RBS50 in stock anywhere in Australia.  

Has the RBS50 been discontinued?

Would the Orbi AX4200 Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 add-on satellite work with my set up?

Any of the original WiFi5 Orbi satellites will function with the RBR50 router, including RBS50, RBS40, RBS20, RBW30, and RBS40V.

The new "10" series satellites will not. Nor will any of the WiFi6 series satellites.

In the US, Amazon is selling the RBS40V for $99.

Message 2 of 3
Satelliteissue
Aspirant

Hi CrimpOn

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply.

I am reluctant to buy from the US because of different voltage and plugs, but thank you for the information.  I will look out for a second-hand Australian model.

I am perplexed that the RB50 router and satellite packages are still for sale, but not the additional satellites.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7