Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fios Orbi incompatability

jonfioscustomer
Aspirant

Fios Orbi incompatability

Warning to anyone who purchases this system directly from FIOS. It is incompatable with anything purchased elsewhere! I bought a sattelite from amazon, and for days I tried to sync it to my router and I couldn't. I reset the router, reset the sattelite, nothing worked. Finally read the fine print on the FIOS website that explains that they alter the firmware and that their system is incompatable with sattelites purchased elsewhere. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Fios Orbi incompatability

Verizon puts there own FW on there Orbi versions. So yes, not compatbile with NG orbi devices. Verizon supports there own HW as well. User of the Verizon Orbi will need to check out support and information on Verizons support site.
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
jonfioscustomer
Aspirant

Its really not cool that netgear allows Verizon to alter their firmware in such a fundamental way that the system becomes incompatible with all other ORBI products. Could you imagine if Apple or Samsung allowed this to happen with their phones? Your iphone or galaxy would become worthless if you left your current carrier? People would have a fit!  Netgear shouldn't allow it in their routers as well. I'm very annoyed. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

NG isn't the only one to have there HW used with other Mfrs. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7