Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 1.12.0.18 update error?

Doug-48051
Luminary

Firmware 1.12.0.18 update error?

I completed an online automatic update for new FW 1.12.0.18 But I have update failed status message. 

update1-12-0-18.PNG

but Current version number did update on SAT?  So how do I correct this so the information is current, and correct?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 21

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Firmware 1.12.0.18 update error?

Hello Doug

You may have to do a manual update on the satellite or even resync the satellite with the base station.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Doug

You may have to do a manual update on the satellite or even resync the satellite with the base station.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 21
Bchildress
Star

the auto update deleted all my settings and my network ssid was ORBI26 and password Wideink049 which is not my network. Had my wife reboot router a couple times because everything went offline this morning. Not Good! 

getting it reconfigured now

Message 3 of 21
davispw
Initiate

It deleted all my settings, too (but automatically in my case). Smiley Mad

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-factory-reset-itself-after-update/m-p/1321247

Message 4 of 21
raven_au
Virtuoso

@DarrenM wrote:

Hello Doug

Which doesn't fix the problem.

Nether does a maunual re-install of the firmware, either from the sat itself or from manual update using the router page.

Also resetting the sat to factory defaults doesn't help.

However, I'm having this problem with an add-on sat, the sat from the RBK50 pack did update OK.

Ian

Message 5 of 21
raven_au
Virtuoso

@raven_au wrote:

@DarrenM wrote:

Hello Doug

Which doesn't fix the problem.

Nether does a maunual re-install of the firmware, either from the sat itself or from manual update using the router page.

Also resetting the sat to factory defaults doesn't help.

However, I'm having this problem with an add-on sat, the sat from the RBK50 pack did update OK.

And doing a full reset to factory defaults and manual re-configure doesn't help.

And why does the RBS40 still have the last version of the firmware for download on the Netgear support page yet the router finds this new version.

Ian

Message 6 of 21
aynok
Initiate

Hi, 

I applied this firmware update today but it seems not to have completed, I use Orbi in AP mode.

After a manual reboot the main unit goes pink but the sat is OK.

However I cannot access via Orbilogin even if I use a LAN cable to connect.

So I cannot determie whats going on....

Scan my wifi with fing shows the main unit as an AP but greyed out....

Wifi access is working though, but not sure now what to do...

Thanks for any help

Message 7 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello aynok

I responded to your other thread.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 21
Landerx
Apprentice

Did you get this figured out? I have the same issue.

Message 9 of 21
vtrusty
Star

ditto...same issue here. says my SAT update failed..but SAT login itself says it's at the current firmware

....this is easily the biggest headache i've ever had with a piece of hardware. Orbi has honestly been nothing but a problem and huge pain in the @$$

Message 10 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello vtrysty

Are you having other issues with the unit besides it saying its not updated?

DarrenM

Message 11 of 21
waltwagner
Tutor

I also have the "Update failed" showing for my satellite (RBS50), despite factory resetting, manually RE-updating both router and sat (w/ 1.12.0.18), resyncing, you name it. No way to get rid of "update failed".

Message 12 of 21
waltwagner
Tutor

...regarding your question about any other issues: yes, my other issue is constant internet disconnects. It'll be perfect for maybe 12-24 hours--then, poof, no internet. Usually happens when I'm asleep, or otherwise not using any devices.
Message 13 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello waltagner

Send me  PM with your name, email and phone number and I will get you in contact with support on fixing the issue.

DarrenM

Message 14 of 21
J-K
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a RBR50 and 2 satellite kit and installed it yesterday.  The units had firmware version: 1.2.0.6 installed.  After making sure networked wired computers and printers, and numerous wireless devices were visible on the network I decided to update the firmware to the latest version 1.12.0.18.  In the Router setup under "Basic" the router was visible and the 2 satellites were visible, however, I could not check the boxes to update the satellites as the boxes "grayed out" after doing a scan. Satellite #1 had about 4 wireless connections and Satellite #2 had nothing connected. I went to "Advanced" and following the instructions in the Orbi WiFi System User Manual I downloaded the zip files for both the router and satellites.  I checked both satellite boxes and uploaded the 1.12.0.18 version of the satellite firmware.  The firmware uploaded and started to install.  The completion indicator got to +/- 95% and then I received a "failure" message that it timed out.  Afterward, Satellite #1 was not visible in the Netgear configuration software but the color ring was pulsing magenta.  Wireless items that were connected through Satellite #1 are now connected through Satellite #2 that previously had nothing connected.

I tried powering off/on Satellite #1 and still no connection with the router.  I then reset Satellite #1 and it flashed white and then flashed magenta.  Finally, I pressed the connect button on the Router followed by the connect button on Satelite #1.  Both the Router and Satellite #1 flashed white followed by a magenta flash.

I did not reset the router and satellite #2 has not been affected (they both are working fine).  Any ideas on how to get satellite #1 back online?  Do I need to reset the router and satellite #2 and followed by pressing the connect button on the router followed by the connect button on both satellites within 2 minutes?  I don't want to try and update the firmware on satellite #2 until I know I will not loose it's connection, and, per the instructions, I need to update the satellites before updating the router.

Thanks in advance for any help, Jack 

Message 15 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello J-k

Yes you may need to factory reset the router and the satellite also make sure you have no special characters in your wireless password as there is a bug that will be fixed next firmware update. 

DarrenM

Message 16 of 21
Charliew07
Aspirant

i just purchase a orbi netgear ac300 from best buy, question? should i wait for the next update? 

Message 17 of 21
goldbondx
Apprentice

Any update on this issue? Having the exact same problem. 

Message 18 of 21
J-K
Aspirant
Aspirant

I talked to Tech Support and after having me repeating what I had tried, I was told to do another reset of the Orbi Satellite that lost it's connection after the failed FW update.  It consisted of holding in the reset button for 30 seconds.  The Satellite would just flash the white led.  I was told to pack up everything and return it to where I purchased for an exchange because the firmware was corrupted.  Support said to call them back when I had the new one and they would walk me through the FW update.  I will do that soon. I hope that helps.  J-K

PS When I called Tech Support the message said the wait time was about 45 minutes.  Happily, I only had to wait about 5-10 minutes!

Message 19 of 21
Browb89
Aspirant

Hello I have a new system the arlo pro with 5 camera and from the very beginning of trying to set up ,it will not let me update my firmware at all, making it impossible for me to use my expansive camera system...please help
Message 20 of 21
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Browb89 wrote:
Hello I have a new system the arlo pro with 5 camera and from the very beginning of trying to set up ,it will not let me update my firmware at all, making it impossible for me to use my expansive camera system...please help

This is not the forum for Arlo updates, this forum is for the Netgear Orbi. But have you tried contacting support?

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7