Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 1.12.0.18 update error?

scottbehr1
Follower

Firmware 1.12.0.18 update error?

I have purchsed 3 Orbi networks. 1 for my house and 2 for other members of my family. When it is working, it works great, but when an update goes through and it is not tested well, it is a disaster. This makes me look bad to my family as well.

For example, the July update to 1.12.0.18 was probably the biggest issue I have had since getting my Orbi networks. Sadly, that was about a month after installing my 3rd family network.

The main wifi network states that Internet is not available.  A workaround that works most of the time is to switch to the Orbi Guest network where I have access to the Internet, but the Guest Network should be for Guests and the primary network should work.

Why would the Guest Network access the Internet but not the main network????

I have since boxed up my Orbi network until it is fixed. I am using an old router and a wireless extender (such a waste when you have Gigabit WiFi available).

Unfortunately, my family is not so lucky. They are stuck on the guest network because I don't want to go out and buy a competing system that may or may not work.

Its been 2 months. I have 3 Orbi networks purchased at different times that do not work. When is this going to be fixed?

I have gone through a lot of the other posts and it does not seem a decent fix has been made, so hopefully Netgear will fix things soon.

Thanks

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Firmware 1.12.0.18 update error?

Did you ever try a factory reset after that firmware came out?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7