Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 1.3.0.26

Skrymir
Guide

Firmware 1.3.0.26

The release notes included the zips are just install instructions. Anyone have real release notes for .26?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 35
Hydro130
Luminary

Based on info here, it just says "Supports Europe and Australia wireless regions".

I haven't updated yet myself - I may give it a whirl when I get home from work.

Cheers, Chris

Message 2 of 35
Skrymir
Guide

See that now.  Thanks

Was hoping for bit more.

Message 3 of 35

which means they must be about to release orbi in OZ and eu countries

Message 4 of 35
dsc_dewain
Guide

Has anyone had issues downloading the firmware for the router? I keep getting Update failed on the router but the satelite did download.  I have not installed to the satelite yet, in fair they have to be in sync

Message 5 of 35
Skrymir
Guide

I had the same issues. I downloaded the zips to a computer and did the manual install.
Message 6 of 35
dsc_dewain
Guide

Thanks, I just did the same, see how this release goes

Message 7 of 35
Zoomzoom66
Guide

New to the Orbi... did the manual install to the new firmware and everything cool so far

Message 8 of 35
PhoenixV
Apprentice

Seems like the Attached Devices screen now includes the Sattelite screen. The option to toggle the display is removed from the debug screen  

Message 9 of 35
loomis1975
Luminary

When I updated to this firmware, the router wouldn't talk to the cable modem at all.  I had to master reset the router, and reload the settings, then all worked again.

Message 10 of 35
PhoenixV
Apprentice

Well  it looks like I spoke too soon. In the version 1.3.0.12 the option to turn on display of the satellite was found in the debug screen.  This option was turned on when I did the update to the current version. After the update, the advance screen showing connections to the router and to the satellite continue to be displayed.   However I was forced to do a reset of the entire system  due to another situation. After the reset of the system and the subsequent normal set up a routine, the display of the wireless connections to the router and to the satellite are now gone, and have been replaced by one consolidated display. The option to enable the advanced view is no longer available in the debug screen.   Does anyone know how to get it back? 

Message 11 of 35
loomis1975
Luminary

Same thing happened to me.

I guess you could try downgrading the firmware one revision, then master reseting the router and see what you get.

I have never had to master reset the satellite, just the router.  But then again, I haven't had to downgrade the firmware on the satellite either.

Message 12 of 35
dsc_dewain
Guide

This is how you can get to the satelite status page:  http://192.168.1.4/status.htm  just be sure the ip address is of the satelite( you can try .2,.3,.4 etc

If you get there, it will prompt you for the admin password.

Message 13 of 35

its not a matter of trying , just go to the orbi web page and it will show you the ip address of the sat / sats

Message 14 of 35
PhoenixV
Apprentice

I guess I'm not being clear. What I am trying to access used to be found  accessed through the hidden debug menu in order to toggle the advanced display on and off. That option no longer exists. Is there any other way to enable that advanced display?

Message 15 of 35

at this stage no , but by all means make it a suggestion and hopefully if enough ppl complain or suggest they may hopefully put it back

i believe this has been done so the connected devices list is standard across both the gui and the app

Message 16 of 35
XBond
Apprentice

Being able to see where the device was connected to (Router or Satellite) was a really, really, really, really useful feature. Especially when trying to "debug" connection issues. Now it is next to, if not, impossible, since I can't easily see what's going on.

How do I make a suggestion/complaint to bring this back?

Message 17 of 35
Skrymir
Guide

After updating mine conitues to show which devices are attached to the routers vs the sat. The option is gone from the debug menu but seems to be on.

Message 18 of 35
XBond
Apprentice

Strange, mine doesn't show that after the update.
Message 19 of 35
PhoenixV
Apprentice

It  seems that if you have the option enabled prior to doing the update to the latest version of the firmware, it continues to display after the update as well.  However if you reset the router, the display will default back to the "normal" display of attached devices, and there will be no way to enable it again.  Also if you have a new installation and are setting up Orbi for the for the first time, updating the firmware as part of the process, there will be no way to enable that particular screen. If there is someway to enable the screen once again, I have not been able to find it because the toggle has been removed from the debug screen.

I have already notified Netgear technical support, and they are escalating the question/suggestion to enable the function once again in a future version of the firmware.

Message 20 of 35
JMU1998
Luminary

This Firmware is totally unstable causing numerous random WiFi drops on various devices multiple times a day now it has got to a point I have to reboot every night old fw was stable... terrible fw this one please fix the stability issues with WiFi in the November release of fw so this nightmare can end. I have a ticket open with netgear only promises of fw coming soon hope it fixes this. 

Message 21 of 35

@JMU1998 wrote:

This Firmware is totally unstable causing numerous random WiFi drops on various devices multiple times a day now it has got to a point I have to reboot every night old fw was stable... terrible fw this one please fix the stability issues with WiFi in the November release of fw so this nightmare can end. I have a ticket open with netgear only promises of fw coming soon hope it fixes this. 

suggest you have a faulty unit , try factory resetting and redo the initial setup , if that doesnt help returm to place of purchase and have it replaced as on this fw i have no stability issue of any kind here

Message 22 of 35
JMU1998
Luminary

Are you using it in AP mode? that is what is causing issues. 

Message 23 of 35
rhester72
Virtuoso

@JMU1998 wrote:

Are you using it in AP mode? that is what is causing issues. 

Kinda have to disagree here - I have 41 devices on wireless thus far, and none are experiencing random disconnects.  I had that issue with eero, but only with a single laptop - it's been rock-solid on Orbi.

Not discounting your issue, of course - just saying I don't think it has anything to do with being in AP mode.

Rodney

Message 24 of 35

i agree also , as i have had the orbi in AP mode without issue

Message 25 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7