Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 1.3.0.26

XBond
Apprentice

I am now seeing weird issues where the my iPhone is not connecting to the satellite even though I am in the same room as the satellite. Before the fw update moving around the house the iPhone correctly switched (once I had figured out the right placement). Turning off and on Wifi on the iPhone doesn't help. Have to reboot the satellite. Ain't right. Wonder if I can roll back to previous fw. Not sure what the new version really got me except take away a useful feature (advanced page showing where device is connected to and connection issues). 😳
Message 26 of 35
XBond
Apprentice

Actually, just connected to www.orbilogin.com and the router doesn't see the satellite. What the heck??? Satellite is turned on. In the same location.

Something is clearly wrong. Used to work flawlessly before the fw update.
Message 27 of 35
JMU1998
Luminary

I see the same issue a reboot fixes it for me but the issue returns in 2 or 3 days then another reboot will temporary fix it...

Message 28 of 35
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Xbond

You could try to factory reset the router see if that corrects the issue or you could try to load the old firmware which you can get on the orbi support page and see if its the new firmware causing the issue.

DarrenM

Message 29 of 35
GamerHonu
Star

Bought an Orbi last night after a recommendation from a network salesman at BestBuy. He was knowledgable based on his answers to my questions and I trusted that he'd help fix our long running latency issues. The Orbi and his recommendation did not disappoint. Just after 12 hours of usage I'm completely sold on this device. So direct to the point... It's running the default initial firmware. It's working great. Should I update to the latest version or any version in between?

"Don't fix what isn't broke." is something I try to live by when it comes to tech; updated enough other routers in my day that I regreted later.

Message 30 of 35
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello GamerHonu

It is suggested to update but if you run into a problem you can manually revert back to a old firmware which is listed on the support page for orbi.

DarrenM

Message 31 of 35
GamerHonu
Star

Unforunately Orbi updated the main router itself overnight to 1.3.0.26. Found out because I woke up to no internet and an Orbi satellite on 1.1.0.16. Had to connect to LTE via my phone in order to download the satellite firmware and updated it manually. After a complete power cycle of my cable modem, I have internet. Anyway to stop Orbi from doing this again?

Message 32 of 35
GamerHonu
Star

I'm noticing that the Orbi satellite is reporting no connection on the 2.4ghz band since updating the firmware to 1.3.0.26. Any ideas as to why? The Orbi satellite itself has no lights on reporting any errors but inside the status page it shows "2.4GHZ No Connection".

Message 33 of 35
JMU1998
Luminary

I have noticed the same, I am hoping it is a bug that the upcoming fw will address 

Message 34 of 35
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello GamerHonu

A new Firmware has been released have you updated your system to see if you are still having the issue?

DarrenM

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7