Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 2.1.3.4 - Issues Log

lbal
Apprentice

Firmware 2.1.3.4 - Issues Log

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I was hoping to start a simple issues log thread here for 2.1.3.4 as I see multiple items popping up, and trying to decipher in a central spot might be worthwhile for product development at Netgear.

I'll kick this first one off with an issue with DHCP reservations.  I have not had the time to run a packet capture to see how the DCHP server is responding on the Orbi, but at the moment none of my devices are being fed their assigned DHCP reserved IP address.  Authenication is working for WLAN to access a SSID, but IP address assignment is not occurring and failing for devices.

Any feedback or detatiled documentation would be greatly appreciated for any item within this thread!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.1.3.4 - Issues Log

What devices are connected to the router?

What browser are you using to set reservations and manage the routers web page? Happens with other browsers?

Was a factory reset performed then set up from scratch after updating to v.2.1.3.4? This should be done for this version of FW.

Message 2 of 6
lbal
Apprentice

Hi Furry,

All browsers have been verified here (Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.) and show a proper reservation with the correct MAC address for a device.  The item here correlates to DHCP.  If the reservation is removed, the device is assigned an IP address and has network connectivity.  Hence why I will when time permits to run a packet capture with WireShark.

While I understand your troubleshooting methods of resetting to factory defaults, I have not performed that and do not agree with that rationale.  If you can provide a KB article or release notes directly from NetGear that specifically calls that out for this version of firmware, I'll be more than happy to go through that as long as detailed information is provided there calling out the issue within this firmware.  Netgear has been in this business too long to not properly maintain configuration files with a code upgrade in the bootstrap of their firmwares.

I'd love to get into the CLI of the Orbi system if anyone knows as well where it would allow more detailed troubleshooting to be performed :-).

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

It's mainly for this version of FW is the reset needed. Yes we know that NG intent is to maintain current router configurations thru FW updates, however this version which came into beta, needs to be factory reset then set up from scratch. NG is working to maintain current configurations in future updates. Users have reported there problems have been resolved after the update with this FW. I have seen this as well. Please try it. ALso clear out all browser caches and disable all devices or turn them off while doing the FW update. Set up the router with the set up wizard and get the router running. Then turn on the first device and set up a reservation and check accessbility and internet access. Graduate adding and setting up reservations. This will help in avoiding IP conflicts which could also cause problems.

I have reservations set my self for several devices. All has access to internet and working as expected. Up to you try it or not.

Message 4 of 6
lbal
Apprentice

Hi there.  Is there a documented bug ID from Netgear that states they have issues with the saved configuration file, and thus say to perform such a reset?  If so, what is the link to information about the bug and/or KB information outside of this online user forum?  Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
lbal
Apprentice

Hello Everyone,

I've been in touch with NetGear support the past few weeks on this, and a bug was identified within 2.1.3.4 for DHCP reservations.  The new version of firmware 2.1.4.10 resolves this.  I am still pressing for the KB article about the "reset solution".

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7