Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 2.1.4.10

migsta
Apprentice

Firmware 2.1.4.10

OMG, I decided to revisit Orbi for a 2nd time after trying out Aimesh and Velop.  All I can say it's extremely broken in comparison to using it a few months ago.  The setup process is buggy/messy and now using the system is extremely unstable.  Issues I've seen:

• Using Orbi App suddenly you get kicked out and can't connect to it.
  • Satellites Drop - and the option to Remove is the only thing that it shows besides indicaing it's disconnected, have to reboot the main router.
  • I made the mistake of connecting one of the satellites over ethernet and it just crashed the whole system.  Basically, the system would not function with one of the satellites hard wired.  I thought you could wire the satellites now.
  • I'm using daisy chain as the positioning is not star topology for me.
  • The speeds are "meh" - they seemed to better 3 months ago.

Might jus abandon Orbi again and try Eero or go back to Aimesh.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
migsta
Apprentice

Re: Firmware 2.1.4.10

Replying to my own thread, I cannot put the satellites at all on wired backhaul whether Daisy Chain is Enabled or Disabled.  The system just crashes and Orbi is no longer online until I remove the ethernet cable from the satellite and reboot the RBR50.  I think because the firmware is so bad from Netgear, we're all just grasping at chaning settings that we should not be modifying to make specific things work.  Things are so bad with Orbi/Netgear that I don't know how they can keep taking money for this product.

Message 2 of 5
tsig
Luminary

Glad I have none of those issues.  Mine is screaming fast and has been rock solid from day one, including automatic, seamless firmware upgrades.

Message 3 of 5
migsta
Apprentice

If your reply is correct, you show that your have a "wireless backhaul" where I'm trying to achieve a wired backhaul that simply crashes the system.  Therefore, I believe you do have the issue if you try and place your satellites in a wired backhaul config.  And, you have 2 RBR50's in AP mode - seems odd unless you're running two totally seperate configs?

Message 4 of 5
tsig
Luminary

Thanks for pointing out my incorrect signature I corrected it.  I maintain I do not have any of your issues and will not be finding out about the wired backhaul.  My wireless backhaul provides more speed than I can use.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7