Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 2.1.4.16 “Invalid Password”, Drops Internet

DigiExp
Follower

Firmware 2.1.4.16 “Invalid Password”, Drops Internet

Running my ORBI on 2.1.4.16 with a single Ethernet backhauled satelite on Verizon FIOS with an ONT box.

System periodically drops into the legacy “invalid password” state requiring me to do a hard reset. Even with that, I get trapped in a “No Internet” hole (though if I turn on the Verizon router, it functions just fine).

The only fix I have found is to do a manual wired firmware reset to the same firmware. It functions for a while and then breaks again. This has happened 4 or 5 times now over the last couple months.

I can’t find quite this nuanced case in the forums - has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks!
Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.1.4.16 “Invalid Password”, Drops Internet

What is the mfr and model # of the ONT?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

When setting up from scratch, be sure to not enable the speedtest app, traffic meter or access control on the Orbi...

Be sure to use a good quality LAN cable between the ONT and Orbi..CAT6 recommended...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7