Reply
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Ok, Thank you for trying it out. I believe this needs to be handled at NG engineering. I would get ahold of NG support and see if you can revert back to last working version and see if you can keep that loaded on your systems while NG works on this. As this won't be a quick fix I presume.


@freakievinnie wrote:

@FURRYe38  

I have just completed the necessary tests. I tried 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307. I also tried 2.4GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2341 and 5GHz to 2345. Finally I changed the MTU Size(in bytes) to 1492. The Skybell still does not connect to my Orbi.

 


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 26 of 68
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

I have the same issue with Skybell not connecting after the upgrade. I downgraded to the earlier version and after sometime it upgraded to the latest version. I again downgraded to the earlier firmware and have been on that since saturday night, and everything is working great for now.

 

I am hoping Netgear can resolve this issue for us.

 

Thanks

Message 27 of 68
Highlighted

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

After a lot of test work, I have some additional information.

Immediately after the update to firmware 2.2.1.210, the Skybell is connected and works as it should. At the moment the connection between the Orbi router and the Skybell is interrupted for a moment, the Skybell will no longer be/come online.

Then I changed the password of my router and used only lower case (so no upper case letters or 'strange characters' like # @! etc) letters. The Skybell does not connect. Then I have changed my password into numbers only. This too has no result at all. Finally, I did not use a password and then the Skybell immediately connected to my Orbi.

So it looks like it is a password/security problem because the router no longer accepts the existing ‘Skybell password’.

Message 28 of 68
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Thanks for the detailed response, so nothing can be done for now till the fix is provided thru the next firmware release? We cannot remove the password as such.

Message 29 of 68
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

So when not using any PW ON the router you turned OFF WPA security all together?


@freakievinnie wrote:

After a lot of test work, I have some additional information.

Immediately after the update to firmware 2.2.1.210, the Skybell is connected and works as it should. At the moment the connection between the Orbi router and the Skybell is interrupted for a moment, the Skybell will no longer be/come online.

@Then I changed the password of my router and used only lower case (so no upper case letters or 'strange characters' like # @! etc) letters. The Skybell does not connect. Then I have changed my password into numbers only. This too has no result at all. Finally, I did not use a password and then the Skybell immediately connected to my Orbi.

So it looks like it is a password/security problem because the router no longer accepts the existing ‘Skybell password’.


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 30 of 68
Highlighted

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell


@FURRYe38 wrote:

So when not using any PW ON the router you turned OFF WPA security all together?


Yes, the Skybell connects immediately when I NOT using a password on the router (leave it blanc) and TURNED OFF (Security Options select 'None' ) WPA security. 

Message 31 of 68
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Ok, thank you for confirming this. I remember asking you about a few post prior. Also you said trying the other modes didn't work either. Something is broke in WPA/WPA2 and SkyBell. This is something to bring up with NG support.

 

@ChristineT

@AmitR

@Christian_R


@freakievinnie wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

So when not using any PW ON the router you turned OFF WPA security all together?


Yes, the Skybell connects immediately when I NOT using a password on the router (leave it blanc) and TURNED OFF (Security Options select 'None' ) WPA security. 


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 32 of 68
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Hello All, 

 

If you're still having issues with Skybell and the latest Orbi FW, please send me a PM with your name, email, phone, and preferred contact time (including time zone). 

 

 

~Christian 

Message 33 of 68
Highlighted
Initiate

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

It worked!  SkyBell technical support just emailed me tonight with a fix that worked like a charm.  The Skybell HD immediately connected back to my Orbi wifi network.  See below:

 

Thank you for contacting SkyBell Technical Support.

Please follow the instructions below to get the SkyBell back online:

- Press your SkyBell button in and hold it for about a minute. The LED will flash (rapid green>red and green>blue>YELLOW).
- Once you see the LED flash YELLOW, please release the SkyBell button.
- Within a minute, your SkyBell will be flashing red and green.

Once it is flashing red and green, select 'Add a new SkyBell' in your app and follow the on-screen instructions to re-sync your device until after you have selected your network. When asked to input your password, please select the "Advanced" at the top.

When syncing, you will need to use the advanced options within the SkyBell Application and enter the information below.

It will ask for the following:

-Password: This will be your WiFi password
-Keep it at WPA2
-IP Address: (see gateway first) Use the first three numbers from your default gateway and 201 for your 4th number (e.g. if your gateway is 192.168.1.x, use 192.168.1.201)
-Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
-Gateway: Use the number that follows "Default Gateway/Router" for your router/extender that you are using to connect the device (e.g. 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x, etc)
-DNS: 8.8.8.8


Message 34 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Finnaly a soultion That worked for me  .. skybell back online after a long weekend of tinkering .and frustration..

thank you

Ray

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 35 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

So it sounds like we are just assigning the skybell a static IP address?
Message 36 of 68
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Glad someone contacted Skybell to get more help and information on this. Glad this seems to be working for others as well. You should mark this post a resolved so other will see it and find this information.


Thanks for posting it.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink


@tcaprio wrote:

It worked!  SkyBell technical support just emailed me tonight with a fix that worked like a charm.  The Skybell HD immediately connected back to my Orbi wifi network.  See below:

 

Thank you for contacting SkyBell Technical Support.

Please follow the instructions below to get the SkyBell back online:

- Press your SkyBell button in and hold it for about a minute. The LED will flash (rapid green>red and green>blue>YELLOW).
- Once you see the LED flash YELLOW, please release the SkyBell button.
- Within a minute, your SkyBell will be flashing red and green.

Once it is flashing red and green, select 'Add a new SkyBell' in your app and follow the on-screen instructions to re-sync your device until after you have selected your network. When asked to input your password, please select the "Advanced" at the top.

When syncing, you will need to use the advanced options within the SkyBell Application and enter the information below.

It will ask for the following:

-Password: This will be your WiFi password
-Keep it at WPA2
-IP Address: (see gateway first) Use the first three numbers from your default gateway and 201 for your 4th number (e.g. if your gateway is 192.168.1.x, use 192.168.1.201)
-Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
-Gateway: Use the number that follows "Default Gateway/Router" for your router/extender that you are using to connect the device (e.g. 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x, etc)
-DNS: 8.8.8.8



 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 37 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

I’m still having trouble probably I’m not tech savvy. I manually entered the listed numbers including the gateway/router address but it’s still failing...help please!! Called Netgear and was on the phone for over an hour and then got disconnected.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 38 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Thanks to Paul (Cool2562) who took the time to reach out and text/walk me through the fix using the SkyBell app! Really appreciate him going above and beyond!!!

If anyone uses the Total Connect 2.0 app to connect SkyBell, and is successful reconnecting, can you advise? Thanks!
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 39 of 68
Highlighted

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Thank you all for your imput/help. It took a lot of time and frustration but my Skybell is online now for almost 2 days. 

 

View solution in original post

Message 40 of 68
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Thank you worked great for me Skybell back on the network.

Message 41 of 68
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Enjoy. Smiley Wink


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 42 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Hello!
Im having the same problem!
Still not working, i entered the ip manually and keeps blinking green blue and then failed.

What else do i have to do?? What do you changed? I rhink im stuck in the same problem you were.
Message 43 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Boom -- The solution above worked. Thanks for sharing!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 44 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Please Help!

I dont know what im doing wrong,
Attached its my info, can you help me with the correct configuration Numbers in my case?? Thanks!
Message 45 of 68
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Its the IP address in your case, use the ones i have listed below

 

It will ask for the following:

-Password: This will be your WiFi password
-Keep it at WPA2


-IP Address: (see gateway first) Use the first three numbers from your default gateway and 201 for your 4th number (e.g. if your gateway is 10)  Use - 10.0.0.201


-Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0


-Gateway: Use the number that follows "Default Gateway/Router" for your router/extender that you are using to connect the device: Use - 10.0.0.1


-DNS: 8.8.8.8

Message 46 of 68
Highlighted
Star

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Subnet mask would be different if the default gateway is 10.0.0.1

Subnet - 255.0.0.0

Anyone having issues with SkyBell can message me and I can walk you through.
Message 47 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Finally worked!

Thanks a lot!!!
Message 48 of 68
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

Enjoy. Smiley Wink


@Luisfo wrote:
Finally worked!

Thanks a lot!!!

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 49 of 68
Highlighted
Star

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

If your Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1 use subnet 255.255.255.0 and IP address 192.168.1.201

If your Default Gateway is 10.0.0.1 use subnet 255.0.0.0 and IP address 10.0.0.201

 

Hope that helps people

 

 

Message 50 of 68
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements