Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 and connection problems Skybell

solidsave32
Aspirant

what was the solution?

Message 51 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 52 of 68
deeperBrea
Aspirant

RBR20

Thank you, you saved me much heartache and frustration.  My SkyBell HD is working now.  

Message 53 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@deeperBrea wrote:

RBR20

Thank you, you saved me much heartache and frustration.  My SkyBell HD is working now.  

Message 54 of 68
ericsteward2003
Aspirant

after upgradeing my firmware, my satellite (RBS50) won't connect. I tried almost everything on the web that doesn't seem to work .

I have the RBR50 Oribi .

ericsteward2003@ yahoo.com

EST

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 55 of 68
nitingautam
Aspirant

Worked all fine 🙂 thank you for the tip.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 56 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

Make a new post about this in the main Orbi forum please. 

@ericsteward2003 wrote:

after upgradeing my firmware, my satellite (RBS50) won't connect. I tried almost everything on the web that doesn't seem to work .

I have the RBR50 Oribi .

ericsteward2003@ yahoo.com

EST

Message 57 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@nitingautam wrote:

Worked all fine 🙂 thank you for the tip.

Message 58 of 68
Skalsky
Tutor

I also had the same problem and was given the same fix -- it works.   Word to the wise, remember what this manual fix is the next time the SkyBell app needs reloaded or you get a new phone.  Hopefully, by that time they will play nicely with the Dynamic assigning of IP addresses on the ORBI router so we do not have to assign a static IP address.  None of my other IP appliances fell off the internet with the ORBI firmware upgrade.

Message 59 of 68
Jeyglo9809
Aspirant

I am having the same issue and I dont know how to tell what to put from the description for my ip address and Gateway part can someone help with exactly the numbers I need to put. THANK YOU... also that's the numbers for my router my actual Skybell connects to the Orbi satellite does that make a difference I believe the ip address for satellite is 10.0.0.6 does this sound correct so which do I use?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 60 of 68
Ray1man
Aspirant

This is done through the SkyBell app. Use the 10.0.0.1. And the 8.8.8.8 

@Jeyglo9809 wrote:
I am having the same issue and I dont know how to tell what to put from the description for my ip address and Gateway part can someone help with exactly the numbers I need to put. THANK YOU... also that's the numbers for my router my actual Skybell connects to the Orbi satellite does that make a difference I believe the ip address for satellite is 10.0.0.6 does this sound correct so which do I use?

Please follow the instructions below to get the SkyBell back online:

- Press your SkyBell button in and hold it for about a minute. The LED will flash (rapid green>red and green>blue>YELLOW).
- Once you see the LED flash YELLOW, please release the SkyBell button.
- Within a minute, your SkyBell will be flashing red and green.

Once it is flashing red and green, select 'Add a new SkyBell' in your app and follow the on-screen instructions to re-sync your device until after you have selected your network. When asked to input your password, please select the "Advanced" at the top.

When syncing, you will need to use the advanced options within the SkyBell Application and enter the information below.

It will ask for the following:

-Password: This will be your WiFi password
-Keep it at WPA2
-IP Address: (see gateway first) Use the first three numbers from your default gateway and 201 for your 4th number (e.g. if your gateway is 192.168.1.x, use 192.168.1.201)
-Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
-Gateway: Use the number that follows "Default Gateway/Router" for your router/extender that you are using to connect the device (e.g. 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x, etc)
-DNS: 8.8.8.8

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 61 of 68
Jeyglo9809
Aspirant

So I filled in:
1. My password
2. Ip address (It sounds like the directions are saying to put in 10.0.0.201 is this correct?
3. Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
4. Gateway I'm not sure what to put based on the directions
5. Dns 8.8.8.8

My main questions are on point 2 and 4 what do I fill in... You wrote 8.8.8.8 but that's for the DNS not gateway or am I misunderstanding?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 62 of 68
Ray1man
Aspirant

These setting are found and used in setup on the skybell app. 

@Jeyglo9809 wrote:
So I filled in:
1. My password
2. Ip address (It sounds like the directions are saying to put in 10.0.0.201 is this correct?
3. Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
4. Gateway I'm not sure what to put based on the directions
5. Dns 8.8.8.8

My main questions are on point 2 and 4 what do I fill in... You wrote 8.8.8.8 but that's for the DNS not gateway or am I misunderstanding?

Message 63 of 68
cool2562
Star

private message me and I can walk anyone through how to get it working. IP address varies per network.

Message 64 of 68
FCCinAZ
Aspirant

This solution works but unfortunately, every time my router reboots, I have to manually reconnect the Skybell HD including deleting the device, factory reset, etc. Anyone figure out how to have it connect automatically again or is this up to Netgear or Skybell?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 65 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried setting a static IP address ON the skybell device? 

@FCCinAZ wrote:

This solution works but unfortunately, every time my router reboots, I have to manually reconnect the Skybell HD including deleting the device, factory reset, etc. Anyone figure out how to have it connect automatically again or is this up to Netgear or Skybell?

Message 66 of 68
FCCinAZ
Aspirant

Yes, I reserved it through the admin screen. I’m not sure if my IP address for the satellite changes when there is a reboot. Can I reserve an ip for the satellite?
Message 67 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

You can reserve an IP address for the satellite under Advanced Tab/Setup/Lan. Add a reservation here for the satellite. 

@FCCinAZ wrote:
Yes, I reserved it through the admin screen. I’m not sure if my IP address for the satellite changes when there is a reboot. Can I reserve an ip for the satellite?

Message 68 of 68
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7