Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

Abeheary
Aspirant

Keeps going offline
Message 251 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

I would download the FW files and do a manual install and then factory reset and setup from scratch. Others have said this has worked well for them: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Abeheary wrote:
Keeps going offline

Message 252 of 385
RedBatman89
Guide

Color me baffeled. I don't know how to explain this but if I connect an Iphone or a device like my roku upstairs. It will make the Gui make connections read as unkown or just connected to orbi sattelitie without specifyig which one, Once I disconnect them the Gui goes back to correctly reading the connections and the correct sattelites. 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 253 of 385
ekhalil
Master

@RedBatman89 wrote:

Color me baffeled. I don't know how to explain this but if I connect an Iphone or a device like my roku upstairs. It will make the Gui make connections read as unkown or just connected to orbi sattelitie without specifyig which one, Once I disconnect them the Gui goes back to correctly reading the connections and the correct sattelites. 

Yes, it seems that "some" wired devices confuse the Satellites. Please check my post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/iPhones-appear-as-quot-Wired-quot-DHCP-Messages-in-Log/td-p/16...

Message 254 of 385
WoodsideDad
Aspirant

Have the same issue (though only on one satellite)

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 255 of 385
JonM951
Initiate

The RBK50 and RBS50 auto updated last night and the only issue I had was the satellite was listed as disconnected. I rebooted both units. Then I had to remove and re-add the satellite from the web interface, used the sync button on back of the RBS50 and it reconnected. No other issues thus far. Connection speed same as before update.

Message 256 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Try this as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@WoodsideDad wrote:

Have the same issue (though only on one satellite)

Message 257 of 385
LadySapphy
Guide

So I just found this.  Woke up on the 7th, my router was bricked.  Had to go buy a new one, as my job requires I have a connection from home.  Been waiting since Sunday for the privlage to pay to ship the brick back to NG, so they will ship me a new one, so then I will have a spare i guess for the next time NG bricks my router in the middle of the night.  

Thanks NG, didn't want to spend the $ to buy a new router right now.  

Message 258 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

@Christian_R

@LadySapphy wrote:

So I just found this.  Woke up on the 7th, my router was bricked.  Had to go buy a new one, as my job requires I have a connection from home.  Been waiting since Sunday for the privlage to pay to ship the brick back to NG, so they will ship me a new one, so then I will have a spare i guess for the next time NG bricks my router in the middle of the night.  

Thanks NG, didn't want to spend the $ to buy a new router right now.  

Message 259 of 385
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@LadySapphy - Please send me a message with your case and/or RMA number and I will have support follow up with you. 

~Christian 

Message 260 of 385
ploo
Guide

I posted this in a separate thread - posting it here too...

I upgraded by Orbi to 2.2.1.210 - everything seemed fine. I have a guest network (with a password) that I leave disabled and only enable when we have a guest. It is also set to not allow access to my LAN.

A few days after upgrading I noticed that my guest network was active with NO PASSWORD and it could access my LAN (the guest network has a password set). I logged into the Orbi console and it was still set to disabled, but it was broadcasting and I could connect to it with no password. The only way to turn it back off was to turn the guest network on and off again.

This is a serious security flaw! I now have major concerns about the security of this device which I've had no problems with for over a year.

Tried to roll back to previous firmware; but the Orbi just automatically updates to the latest.

Anyone else seen this guest network issue?

Message 261 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@ploo wrote:

I posted this in a separate thread - posting it here too...

I upgraded by Orbi to 2.2.1.210 - everything seemed fine. I have a guest network (with a password) that I leave disabled and only enable when we have a guest. It is also set to not allow access to my LAN.

A few days after upgrading I noticed that my guest network was active with NO PASSWORD and it could access my LAN (the guest network has a password set). I logged into the Orbi console and it was still set to disabled, but it was broadcasting and I could connect to it with no password. The only way to turn it back off was to turn the guest network on and off again.

This is a serious security flaw! I now have major concerns about the security of this device which I've had no problems with for over a year.

Tried to roll back to previous firmware; but the Orbi just automatically updates to the latest.

Anyone else seen this guest network issue?

Message 262 of 385
RedBatman89
Guide

Hey I just wanted to say still that the IPV6 dropping after a few days still happens in this firmware. I have to still go in and reapply it, however now it takes a few more times before IPV6 comes back. This really needs to be fixed, IPV6 shouldn't stop after a few days. 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 263 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

@ChristineT

@AmitR

@Christian_R

@RedBatman89 wrote:

Hey I just wanted to say still that the IPV6 dropping after a few days still happens in this firmware. I have to still go in and reapply it, however now it takes a few more times before IPV6 comes back. This really needs to be fixed, IPV6 shouldn't stop after a few days. 

Message 264 of 385
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @RedBatman89, @deesto, @tarxvf

Good afternoon! 

Thank you for taking the time to be contacted by support regarding the recent firmware. Our support team is eagerly waiting for an update on the support cases they have open with you. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to working with you some more to help resolve the issue(s).  

~Christian

Message 265 of 385
dorqus
Guide

Any chance of getting SSH into the next build? I still can't beleive that in this day and age *TELNET* is an option via the debug.htm page.... I know that there is a busybox with SSH support for arm7 - lots of other embedded devices have this.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 266 of 385
sguser88
Initiate

@sguser88 wrote:

My system firmware not auto-updated yet.

My current firmware (v2.1.4.16)  setup is stable and trouble-free. I definitely won't manually update it if I'm going to face the same setup problems that I had to go through during the initial setup (ie system was only successfully setup after multiple attempts of updating the firmware and installing the 3 lan-linked satellites in a very specific sequence).

Netgear should either improve the firmware update process or include a comprehensive setup guide with specific steps (for satellites using wireless and wired backhauls) to save us the headache.

Update :

The system auto-updated itself a few days ago. Fortunately the update did not cause any problem to my setup (main Orbi router connected to 3 satellites with wired backhaul in spoke/star configuration) and I didn't realise the firmware was updated till I check it manually. All future updates should be like that !

Message 267 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Back up method:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1649157/highligh...

@sguser88 wrote:

@sguser88 wrote:

My system firmware not auto-updated yet.

My current firmware (v2.1.4.16)  setup is stable and trouble-free. I definitely won't manually update it if I'm going to face the same setup problems that I had to go through during the initial setup (ie system was only successfully setup after multiple attempts of updating the firmware and installing the 3 lan-linked satellites in a very specific sequence).

Netgear should either improve the firmware update process or include a comprehensive setup guide with specific steps (for satellites using wireless and wired backhauls) to save us the headache.

Update :

The system auto-updated itself a few days ago. Fortunately the update did not cause any problem to my setup (main Orbi router connected to 3 satellites with wired backhaul in spoke/star configuration) and I didn't realise the firmware was updated till I check it manually. All future updates should be like that !

Message 268 of 385
TayNinh
Aspirant

Hope someone can help me out.

I've been having wifi issue keeps dropping out on my iPad Pro 9.7" version with this router since the very beginning.  I've updated my firmware everytime(currently on this fw version) there's a new one but the issue still exists.  It only happens on that iPad and not on all other iPads/iPhones/PCs.  It's very annoying that it drops wifi every 5-10 minutes.  I reinstalled iOS and did all reset on iPad.  I've read few others having the same issue but I can't find a solution.  Is this a NG issue or Apple?

Message 269 of 385
ekhalil
Master

@TayNinh wrote:

I've been having wifi issue keeps dropping out on my iPad Pro 9.7" version with this router since the very beginning.  I've updated my firmware everytime(currently on this fw version) there's a new one but the issue still exists.  It only happens on that iPad and not on all other iPads/iPhones/PCs.  It's very annoying that it drops wifi every 5-10 minutes.  I reinstalled iOS and did all reset on iPad.  I've read few others having the same issue but I can't find a solution.  Is this a NG issue or Apple?

I had many similar issues.

Do you have any wired devices to the Router/Satellites? Any wired Mesh Speakers (Sonos, LG Music Flow or similar)?

All my wifi dropping/disconnections issues were gone when I disconnected those wired speakers.

Message 270 of 385
TayNinh
Aspirant

I have a couple of Sonos and HomePod, but they're wireless.

For wired connections I have a couple PCs, Smartthings, Hue Bridge, Printer, ObiTalk, few cameras.

Message 271 of 385
ekhalil
Master

@TayNinh wrote:

I have a couple of Sonos and HomePod, but they're wireless.

For wired connections I have a couple PCs, Smartthings, Hue Bridge, Printer, ObiTalk, few cameras.

Do you see any of the symptoms below:

- Frequent DHCP messages related to your iPad in question (only If you are in Router Mode)?

- The iPad shows as Wired in the Attched Devices page?

- CPU load is higher than normal in debug.htm?

If yes then try to find out which wired devices are causing loops in your system.

Message 272 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this:

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR40-RBS40-V2-1-4-16-mesh-network-drops-connection-to/m-...
Change the CTR/RTS threshold values for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (2341 and 2345 respectively), changed preamble modes to long preamble, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.

@TayNinh wrote:

Message 273 of 385
Odok
Aspirant

This POS firmware has bricked my orbi setup! Was all working fine on .10 firmware until this auto-update a few days back.

Have been having disconnection issues ever since. Tried factory resetting today and now I can’t access the RBR50 with “password” as my access password.

No wifi in my house. Thanks for nothing Netgear you absolute d1ckhöles
Message 274 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Try this as well:

@Odok wrote:
This POS firmware has bricked my orbi setup! Was all working fine on .10 firmware until this auto-update a few days back.

Have been having disconnection issues ever since. Tried factory resetting today and now I can’t access the RBR50 with “password” as my access password.

No wifi in my house. Thanks for nothing Netgear you absolute d1ckhöles

Message 275 of 385
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7