Reply

Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

Ryan1919
Tutor

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18


I just want to clarify something because this confused me in the beginning. You always say hold down the reset pin until the top led light turns amber, but in my experience I just have to wait until the power light on the back turns amber for the factory reset. I’ve never seen the top led turn any color while holding down the reset pin. If I hold it down longer than 30 seconds would the top led turn amber? I usually hold down the reset pin for 30 seconds and in that time only the power light on the back blinks amber. 
@FURRYe38 wrote:

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

 

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

 

Try this as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...


@Odok wrote:
This POS firmware has bricked my orbi setup! Was all working fine on .10 firmware until this auto-update a few days back.

Have been having disconnection issues ever since. Tried factory resetting today and now I can’t access the RBR50 with “password” as my access password.

No wifi in my house. Thanks for nothing Netgear you absolute d1ckhöles

 


 

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 276 of 385
Davenlei
Guide

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

My RBS50 is now constantly dropping internet connectivity with this new firmware 2.2.1.210.  It was rock solid on the previous  firmware and I had no complaints.  Suddenly my internet became flakey with everyone complaining and noticed that an auto firmware update now has installed an unstable firmware.  I moved it back to the previous version but the satellite loaded the new one in again after a while.   

 

I am getting tired of these buggy releases.  They need to fire all their QA and get new people or implement a proper QA process.  If our dev team put out crap like this several times as we have experienced from Netgear IT, my team would have all been fired.  Why is the Product Manager and Business leaders allowing this to happen over and over?

Message 277 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

I've never used the led in back. I've always used the top LED as indicator for what the status is of the device. Since most of the inidication is here, this is were I look at to see what the device is doing and it's status. AMBER, then Blink WHITE(System is starting), then Pulsate WHITE(I'm Ready to sync or setup), then Pink(Processing or Not connected) then BLUE(Connect Est), then OFF(Working Correctly) if everything was set up right. 


@Ryan1919 wrote:

I just want to clarify something because this confused me in the beginning. You always say hold down the reset pin until the top led light turns amber, but in my experience I just have to wait until the power light on the back turns amber for the factory reset. I’ve never seen the top led turn any color while holding down the reset pin. If I hold it down longer than 30 seconds would the top led turn amber? I usually hold down the reset pin for 30 seconds and in that time only the power light on the back blinks amber. 



 


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 278 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

 

Last restort you'll need to manually load FW and try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...


@Davenlei wrote:

My RBS50 is now constantly dropping internet connectivity with this new firmware 2.2.1.210.  It was rock solid on the previous  firmware and I had no complaints.  Suddenly my internet became flakey with everyone complaining and noticed that an auto firmware update now has installed an unstable firmware.  I moved it back to the previous version but the satellite loaded the new one in again after a while.   

 

I am getting tired of these buggy releases.  They need to fire all their QA and get new people or implement a proper QA process.  If our dev team put out crap like this several times as we have experienced from Netgear IT, my team would have all been fired.  Why is the Product Manager and Business leaders allowing this to happen over and over?


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 279 of 385
phobosbsd
Aspirant

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

Have exactly the same issues. Connectivity on the RBS50 is completely dramatic after this update. My network was working perfectly, including 4 nest cam that were completely stable. Now they can't stay connected more than a few min at best. I'm luckly when my macbook pro or iphone connects. This is really a BIG issue. Blackhaul is working fine. Had to reinstall few old routers and homeplugs to rebuild my wifi home Smiley SadSmiley Sad Really disapointed. An no way to roll back to previous firmware. What's that joke ? Seriously ??

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System, RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 280 of 385
orbiRBK50
Tutor

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

Hi,

 

I have an RBK50 (Router + Satellite) from our isp Ooredoo.  its running firmware version V2.1.4.16_1.1.23.

 

when i use the gui to check for firmware update, it displays that "No new firmware version available. ".  So i downloaded the v2.2 firmware manually for both satellite and router.  I used the manual update option to update the satellite first but i get this error

 

"This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

 

i tried to update the router and get the same error.

 

any advice?

 

thanks

 

 

 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 281 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

If your Orbi system is from yoru ISP, then you'll need to contact your ISP. NG makes the HW, however some times the FW is developed by ISPs for there systems like Verizon. They develop and update there own FW for the Orbi HW for there systems. 


@orbiRBK50 wrote:

Hi,

 

I have an RBK50 (Router + Satellite) from our isp Ooredoo.  its running firmware version V2.1.4.16_1.1.23.

 

when i use the gui to check for firmware update, it displays that "No new firmware version available. ".  So i downloaded the v2.2 firmware manually for both satellite and router.  I used the manual update option to update the satellite first but i get this error

 

"This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

 

i tried to update the router and get the same error.

 

any advice?

 

thanks

 

 

 


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 282 of 385
tgarvey
Tutor

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

I have powered all units off and on a few times.  No difference.  I spent 45 minutes getting to a tech support person and then 20 minutes with him just confirming the existence of the problem (all three satellites losing their connections countless time a day) only to be offered replacement satellite units.  No thanks.  I’ve disputed the charge with my cc company.  The product and company are deficient.

Message 283 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR40-RBS20-dropped-connections/m-p/1653918/highlight/true#M43...


@tgarvey wrote:

I have powered all units off and on a few times.  No difference.  I spent 45 minutes getting to a tech support person and then 20 minutes with him just confirming the existence of the problem (all three satellites losing their connections countless time a day) only to be offered replacement satellite units.  No thanks.  I’ve disputed the charge with my cc company.  The product and company are deficient.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 284 of 385
orbiRBK50
Tutor

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

thank you for the reply
Message 285 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

Good Luck. Smiley Wink


@orbiRBK50 wrote:
thank you for the reply

 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 286 of 385
RickDias
Tutor

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

Slightly late to the feedback thread, but .210 is terrible.  I have the RBR40 as router with wired backhaul to the RBS40 satellite, around 30-40 devices total including Windows and Macs, iphones and ipads, TP link and Belkin light switches, Lyric thermostat and leak detector, Tivos on ethernet and MoCa, Ring and Sharx cameras.  The prior public release firmware was great.  

After I installed .210 and restarted, the SB6141 cable modem decided that it needed to start doing DHCP.  That gave a bunch of devices IP addresses outside the range the Orbi expected, and I started seeing the upstream server from Comcast as a device on my network.  Power cycling everything seemed to convince the cable modem that the Orbi could be trusted to do DHCP duties, but then the Orbi stopped giving IP addresses to the Tivos (Roamio and Mini).  

I poked around these groups and read that the daisy chain setting might be reversed and that changing it was fixing some problems for people. So I reversed mine, except it was already on and we all know now that disabling daisy chain causes a lot of problems.  Fast forward through a couple of days of satellite misbehavior, grumpy family, with my evening hours spent power cycling and resyncing and backhaul cable checking and switch swapping and I finally stumble across the board post that says definitely enable daisy chaining.  So I get back to square one.

(During this time I learned just how arbitrary the iOS app for Orbi is.  Password not accepted, empty lists of devices, satellites not appearing on network map, device lists not remembering their filter settings, etc)

Now DHCP is working for the Tivos, but something has broken with the TPlink switches.  The TPlink HS105 is the worst affected - it keeps assigning itself an IP address at random, despite having an address reservation.  The Orbi logs don't even see a DHCP request from the HS105.

I've verified that the Orbi settings are the same as they were before the firmware update, I've got 20/40 coexistence on, MU-MIMO and fast roaming off, any other device in the same location as the switches gets full speed up or down (180 mbps down, 12 up).

 

Does anyone have any other ideas about how to get my light and power switches connected reliably again?

 

 

Thanks!

Message 287 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...


@RickDias wrote:

Slightly late to the feedback thread, but .210 is terrible.  I have the RBR40 as router with wired backhaul to the RBS40 satellite, around 30-40 devices total including Windows and Macs, iphones and ipads, TP link and Belkin light switches, Lyric thermostat and leak detector, Tivos on ethernet and MoCa, Ring and Sharx cameras.  The prior public release firmware was great.  

After I installed .210 and restarted, the SB6141 cable modem decided that it needed to start doing DHCP.  That gave a bunch of devices IP addresses outside the range the Orbi expected, and I started seeing the upstream server from Comcast as a device on my network.  Power cycling everything seemed to convince the cable modem that the Orbi could be trusted to do DHCP duties, but then the Orbi stopped giving IP addresses to the Tivos (Roamio and Mini).  

I poked around these groups and read that the daisy chain setting might be reversed and that changing it was fixing some problems for people. So I reversed mine, except it was already on and we all know now that disabling daisy chain causes a lot of problems.  Fast forward through a couple of days of satellite misbehavior, grumpy family, with my evening hours spent power cycling and resyncing and backhaul cable checking and switch swapping and I finally stumble across the board post that says definitely enable daisy chaining.  So I get back to square one.

(During this time I learned just how arbitrary the iOS app for Orbi is.  Password not accepted, empty lists of devices, satellites not appearing on network map, device lists not remembering their filter settings, etc)

Now DHCP is working for the Tivos, but something has broken with the TPlink switches.  The TPlink HS105 is the worst affected - it keeps assigning itself an IP address at random, despite having an address reservation.  The Orbi logs don't even see a DHCP request from the HS105.

I've verified that the Orbi settings are the same as they were before the firmware update, I've got 20/40 coexistence on, MU-MIMO and fast roaming off, any other device in the same location as the switches gets full speed up or down (180 mbps down, 12 up).

 

Does anyone have any other ideas about how to get my light and power switches connected reliably again?

 

 

Thanks!


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 288 of 385
RedBatman89
Guide

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

Hi I have noticed that the Gui for the Orbi router page is still kinda buggy at times. At times it will list my sattelties as being disconnected, even though they are not, and today for the first time I was given an error for no internet. Thankfully its usualy fixed with a page refresh but none the less still anoyying. 

 

Another thing I notice is that at time my Asus ROG laptop will at times disconnect then reconnect to the internet in a 5 to 10 secound span. What happened in the past is that I would notice that may laptop at times would connect to the 2.4ghz wifi even though it was in perfect range of the 5ghz, so to fix that I had set my wireless adapter to prefer 802.11a. That did the trick for not connecting to 2.4ghz but still I will get the minor disconnect bursts on my laptop. Now techincally I'm in an area that's in the middle range from one sattelite to the main router. But this still shouldn't happen if the siganl is strong. So can there be a fix for this? I think my chromebook gets it too but its already a little slower anyways. 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 289 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

Does it happend with a different browser, Try E11, Edge, FF or Opera? 

 

Try this? 

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR40-RBS40-V2-1-4-16-mesh-network-drops-connection-to/m-...
Change the CTR/RTS threshold values for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (2341 and 2345 respectively), changed preamble modes to long preamble, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.


@RedBatman89 wrote:

Hi I have noticed that the Gui for the Orbi router page is still kinda buggy at times. At times it will list my sattelties as being disconnected, even though they are not, and today for the first time I was given an error for no internet. Thankfully its usualy fixed with a page refresh but none the less still anoyying. 

 

Another thing I notice is that at time my Asus ROG laptop will at times disconnect then reconnect to the internet in a 5 to 10 secound span. What happened in the past is that I would notice that may laptop at times would connect to the 2.4ghz wifi even though it was in perfect range of the 5ghz, so to fix that I had set my wireless adapter to prefer 802.11a. That did the trick for not connecting to 2.4ghz but still I will get the minor disconnect bursts on my laptop. Now techincally I'm in an area that's in the middle range from one sattelite to the main router. But this still shouldn't happen if the siganl is strong. So can there be a fix for this? I think my chromebook gets it too but its already a little slower anyways. 




My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 290 of 385
randomousity
Luminary

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

I did do a factory reset on it, and the problem persists. I did not manually re-flash the firmware, though. But I did factory reset, downgrade, and then it automatically upgraded again, and then I factory reset it again, and then did all the configuration. The issue with the icons all flashing every ~5 seconds persists, and I don't recall it being an issue with previous versions of the firmware, I don't think flashing the firmware again will resolve that. The issue with devices connected to the satellite showing as unknown connection types did eventually resolve itself, but I think it took something like a day for that to fully populate properly, which, again, not a big issue, and not something that makes it unusable by any means, but it's highly annoying. It's not worth me going through the hassle to re-flash and factory reset again just to see if it fixes it, but it is something Netgear should be aware of and fix on future firmware updates.

My Setup | Internet via TC8715D Cable modem, Bridge Mode, 200↓ 10↑ | Wifi Router Orbi RBK50 AC3000, Router Mode, Wireless Backhaul
Message 291 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18isp

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...


@RickDias wrote:

Slightly late to the feedback thread, but .210 is terrible.  I have the RBR40 as router with wired backhaul to the RBS40 satellite, around 30-40 devices total including Windows and Macs, iphones and ipads, TP link and Belkin light switches, Lyric thermostat and leak detector, Tivos on ethernet and MoCa, Ring and Sharx cameras.  The prior public release firmware was great.  

After I installed .210 and restarted, the SB6141 cable modem decided that it needed to start doing DHCP.  That gave a bunch of devices IP addresses outside the range the Orbi expected, and I started seeing the upstream server from Comcast as a device on my network.  Power cycling everything seemed to convince the cable modem that the Orbi could be trusted to do DHCP duties, but then the Orbi stopped giving IP addresses to the Tivos (Roamio and Mini).  

I poked around these groups and read that the daisy chain setting might be reversed and that changing it was fixing some problems for people. So I reversed mine, except it was already on and we all know now that disabling daisy chain causes a lot of problems.  Fast forward through a couple of days of satellite misbehavior, grumpy family, with my evening hours spent power cycling and resyncing and backhaul cable checking and switch swapping and I finally stumble across the board post that says definitely enable daisy chaining.  So I get back to square one.

(During this time I learned just how arbitrary the iOS app for Orbi is.  Password not accepted, empty lists of devices, satellites not appearing on network map, device lists not remembering their filter settings, etc)

Now DHCP is working for the Tivos, but something has broken with the TPlink switches.  The TPlink HS105 is the worst affected - it keeps assigning itself an IP address at random, despite having an address reservation.  The Orbi logs don't even see a DHCP request from the HS105.

I've verified that the Orbi settings are the same as they were before the firmware update, I've got 20/40 coexistence on, MU-MIMO and fast roaming off, any other device in the same location as the switches gets full speed up or down (180 mbps down, 12 up).

 

Does anyone have any other ideas about how to get my light and power switches connected reliably again?

 

 

Thanks!


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 292 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

This guy hasn't reported problems after manually loading FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

Something to try. 

Also let us know if you see the same behavior when using different browsers. 

Besure to clear all browser caches as well before entering into the router or satellites UI. 

 


@randomousity wrote:

I did do a factory reset on it, and the problem persists. I did not manually re-flash the firmware, though. But I did factory reset, downgrade, and then it automatically upgraded again, and then I factory reset it again, and then did all the configuration. The issue with the icons all flashing every ~5 seconds persists, and I don't recall it being an issue with previous versions of the firmware, I don't think flashing the firmware again will resolve that. The issue with devices connected to the satellite showing as unknown connection types did eventually resolve itself, but I think it took something like a day for that to fully populate properly, which, again, not a big issue, and not something that makes it unusable by any means, but it's highly annoying. It's not worth me going through the hassle to re-flash and factory reset again just to see if it fixes it, but it is something Netgear should be aware of and fix on future firmware updates.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 293 of 385
RedBatman89
Guide

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

Hi I just wanted to say that from time to time one of my sattelites back haul will be listed as config sync, only way to fix it is by power cycling the sattliete and even then I had wasted about 30 mins of time till I finally decided to reboot my entire system due to the sattilte trying to reconnect to each other. This shouldn't be happening. I hope in the next firmware update this will be fixed. My setup looks a lot like this linksys velop picture on the far left. I wish daisy chain to be fixed. Mesh.jpg

Message 294 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

So is your satellites daisy chained and do you have Daisy Chain uncheck on the Orbi router? Remember v210 Daisy chain is working in reverse order when looking at the UI...

 


@RedBatman89 wrote:

Hi I just wanted to say that from time to time one of my sattelites back haul will be listed as config sync, only way to fix it is by power cycling the sattliete and even then I had wasted about 30 mins of time till I finally decided to reboot my entire system due to the sattilte trying to reconnect to each other. This shouldn't be happening. I hope in the next firmware update this will be fixed. My setup looks a lot like this linksys velop picture on the far left. I wish daisy chain to be fixed. Mesh.jpg


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 295 of 385

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

Anyone else having issues with the VPN implementation? I have to keep disabling then re-enabling it to work. When it's "not working" I can still login to the VPN and access devices on my home network, but I can't connect to anything outside of it. I have the VPN set to "All sites on the Internet & Home Network" and when I enable the VPN server it will work for a few minutes, but then out of what seems like nowhere will kill the connection to the internet and give me only access to the home network. If I disable and re-enable the VPN then it works again for a bit. 

 

Didn't have this problem before 2.2.1.210.

 

Also REALLY frustrating that the update was forced AGAIN. With this VPN issue and the fact that Netgear keeps forcing these updates, I'm really considering going back to my Amplifi system.

Message 296 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

How was your FW updated? via Auto update or manually? 

@Christian_R


@dkleinknecht wrote:

Anyone else having issues with the VPN implementation? I have to keep disabling then re-enabling it to work. When it's "not working" I can still login to the VPN and access devices on my home network, but I can't connect to anything outside of it. I have the VPN set to "All sites on the Internet & Home Network" and when I enable the VPN server it will work for a few minutes, but then out of what seems like nowhere will kill the connection to the internet and give me only access to the home network. If I disable and re-enable the VPN then it works again for a bit. 

 

Didn't have this problem before 2.2.1.210.

 

Also REALLY frustrating that the update was forced AGAIN. With this VPN issue and the fact that Netgear keeps forcing these updates, I'm really considering going back to my Amplifi system.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 297 of 385
sufus
Initiate

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

The auto-update of firmware 2.2.1.210 bricked my router.  Fortunately a manual TFTP load of the firmware got it back up and running.  This firmware version has caused major internet connectivity issues.  All wired and wireless devices lose internet connectivity for several minutes, multiple times a day.  It is not my ISP or any of the associated hardware.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 298 of 385
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

Some have said you can disable the auto update. I prefer to manually update FW anyways. 


@sufus wrote:

The auto-update of firmware 2.2.1.210 bricked my router.  Fortunately a manual TFTP load of the firmware got it back up and running.  This firmware version has caused major internet connectivity issues.  All wired and wireless devices lose internet connectivity for several minutes, multiple times a day.  It is not my ISP or any of the associated hardware.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 299 of 385
BleedingCash
Tutor

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 released as of 10/3/18

I'm a new Orbi user.  Bought the RBK33.  Just installed it last night.  Initial setup went fine.  I manually downloaded the firmware (2.2.1.210) for my RBR40 router and the firmware (2.2.1.204) for my RBW30 satellites.  I only need to use 1 satellite at this time, so I set up the router and then the satellite with their stock firmwares and they were working.  Then I manually installed the firmware for the 1 satellite that is on and that went well, but then the router automatically updated itself, as well.  After that, I said, "Well, might as well power on the 2nd satellite and update that firmware too just to keep it up to date," so I powered that on and manually updated its firmware to 2.2.1.204, as well.

 

I've been working on the network for half a day today and haven't had any issues.

 

Thanks.

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 300 of 385
Top Contributors
Announcements