Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 2.5.0.36 release notes

SkywalkerPD
Apprentice

Firmware 2.5.0.36 release notes

Hi,

Just got a new firmware on my RBK50. version is 2.5.0.36. Are there any release notes for this firmware please?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 21

Accepted Solutions
woodzy68
Initiate

The notes are now there, I upgraded and lost the "attached devices". Although all my devices connected succesfully after the upgrade only 7 devices showed on the list instead of the usual 20+ and 5 of them were not named correctly.

Reverted back to previous firmware and the list is now functioning correctly. First problem I've had with the firmware, so I've never factory reset or anything. If i get a chance i might try that later (or just stay on 2.3.5.30 !)

View solution in original post

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 21

All Replies
OldPro
Aspirant

I've got the same question.  Happened to go into Admin on my Orbi's and explore a little.  Clicked on firmware and it tells me 2.5.0.36 is available.  This release isn't listed on the Orbi support home page so probably not going to install it for a while.

Message 2 of 21
woodzy68
Initiate

The notes are now there, I upgraded and lost the "attached devices". Although all my devices connected succesfully after the upgrade only 7 devices showed on the list instead of the usual 20+ and 5 of them were not named correctly.

Reverted back to previous firmware and the list is now functioning correctly. First problem I've had with the firmware, so I've never factory reset or anything. If i get a chance i might try that later (or just stay on 2.3.5.30 !)
Message 3 of 21
SkywalkerPD
Apprentice

New Features and Enhancements:

• Circle Parental Controls support for India.
  • Auto Time zone detection feature and setting.

Firmware 2.5.0.36 release notes

Bug Fixes:

• The client was not able to obtain an IP address when the router rebooted or the client renewed the IP address
  • The iOS speed test uploaded the throughput issue in PPPoE mode
  • Issues with the Japanese language string
  • The user wasn’t able to log in to the GUI after finishing the GUI installation
  • The router GUI could not be accessed using oribilogin.com or orbilogin.net

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security issues.
Message 4 of 21
el-bori
Aspirant

Where can I download the new firmware?
Message 5 of 21
sclawrenc
Apprentice

Does this new firmware support separating the 2.4 and 5ghz bands?
Message 6 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset and setup from scratch the RBR and RBS to see if this helps resolve anything next time you update FW. 

@woodzy68 wrote:

Message 7 of 21
repsaj
Tutor

Unfortunataly no 2,4/5ghz seperation, but would be very helpfull!
Message 8 of 21
sclawrenc
Apprentice

I agree!

Netgear please add this feature.
Message 9 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

The Orbi is based of Smart Connect which employs a signle SSID name use for operation. This is how Orbi works and is designed and intended for use from NG. Separation of SSID names is not supported by NG.

You can ask for this feature here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

You may find that users have already asked for it though.

Good Luck.

@repsaj wrote:
Unfortunataly no 2,4/5ghz seperation, but would be very helpfull!

Message 10 of 21
repsaj
Tutor

You can set sepperate ssid for 2,4ghz and 5ghz via telnet settings, but then the orbi app doesn't really work that well anymore. I also requested it but Netgear isn't really looking or responding at out ideas i guess.
Message 11 of 21
sclawrenc
Apprentice

I tried separating the WiFi bands via telnet with the latest firmware, and the Orbi reverts back to a single ssid after reboot. The telnet solution used to work on the older firmware. If you know of a way to make it work on the most recent firmware, please let me know. 🙂
Message 12 of 21
repsaj
Tutor

Unfortunataly i don't know another way.
Message 13 of 21
Ragar99
Luminary

Anyone got a direct link for this firmware?  I don't see it.

Message 14 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you try the Orbi system using the default configuration and using a signle SSID name and see how it works for you? 

Is there a problem with the system not working in it's intended design for you? 

If you give some problem information, maybe we can help you get it working in the intended operation. 

@repsaj wrote:
Unfortunataly i don't know another way.

Message 15 of 21
OldPro
Aspirant

I'm no longer seeing the upgrade when I look at firmware under Administration on the Advanced tab

Message 16 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

I checked my RBR50 yesterday. Nothing detected as far as new FW being available for download. Nothing posted on the download web page either. Must have been a accidental post to the update server and was quickly removed. 

Message 17 of 21
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

The firmware v2.5.0.36 has been removed from update servers. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 18 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank you for the clairification. 

Message 19 of 21
dan801
Apprentice

Just a heads up, after I done the upgrade I lost access to my dual SSID. Telnet failed to re activate it and it keeps reverting back to single SSID after a reboot.
Message 20 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Separation of SSID is not supported on any Orbi system!

@dan801 wrote:
Just a heads up, after I done the upgrade I lost access to my dual SSID. Telnet failed to re activate it and it keeps reverting back to single SSID after a reboot.

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7