Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 2.5.1.16 broke attached list

Sunny-E
Tutor

Firmware 2.5.1.16 broke attached list

I updated my RBR50 to firmware 2.5.1.16. My attached devices list now has fake MAC addresses for multiple devices. They all seem to start with same fake MAC address for first 3 segments. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to fix or report a bug? 

thanks 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Sunny-E
Tutor

OK, so I have a unique setup and seems like latest firmware has a way of handing it

I have some wired devices behind a non-orbi wifi bridge. All those devices have same first 3 segments as the wifi bridge. Previously, I could see their full MAC address, but now I see Hybrid - 1st 3 segments of the wifi bridge and last 3 segments of the wired device. 

Not much an issue, just a change of behavior, I updated my labels.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
ColoradoCat
Tutor

I performed the same update early this morning and cannot confirm the same results as you describe.  My Macbook's MAC address is reporting nomrally via the Orbi web interface, as well as the Orbi app on my iphone. 

I'm curious what you see as the first three segments of your MAC address?

I am a "Circle" user and lost my premium features, which I was hoping this firmware would resolve but has not.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. 

@Sunny-E wrote:

I updated my RBR50 to firmware 2.5.1.16. My attached devices list now has fake MAC addresses for multiple devices. They all seem to start with same fake MAC address for first 3 segments. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to fix or report a bug? 

thanks 

Message 3 of 5
Sunny-E
Tutor

OK, so I have a unique setup and seems like latest firmware has a way of handing it

I have some wired devices behind a non-orbi wifi bridge. All those devices have same first 3 segments as the wifi bridge. Previously, I could see their full MAC address, but now I see Hybrid - 1st 3 segments of the wifi bridge and last 3 segments of the wired device. 

Not much an issue, just a change of behavior, I updated my labels.  

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Wifi bridges can mask or change how devices are seen at the host router. 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7