Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 2.7.3.22 not showing devices

GT23
Guide

Firmware 2.7.3.22 not showing devices

Everything was dialed in on the previous firmware until the upgrade. Now I cannot see my ecobee thermostats even though they are connected and working. Anyone else seeing issues?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
GT23
Guide

I can try a factory default reset. i don’t recall that a requirement in the release notes. I’m assuming reset will not downgrade firmware

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Whare are you not seeing this? 

Orbi App? RBR Web page? 

Thermostats only devices not being displayed? 

Provide a screen capture of what your seeing would be helpful. Please use the Choose File button to include this on your next post. 

Message 2 of 10
GT23
Guide

Not seeing ecobee devices using app or mac browser. Should be showing under 2.4Ghz section but looking at ALL connections, including guest, every device on there is accounted for. FYI app is latest version 2.10.5.17
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 4 of 10
GT23
Guide

I can try a factory default reset. i don’t recall that a requirement in the release notes. I’m assuming reset will not downgrade firmware
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

It doesn't. FRs are a troubleshooting step when problems appear. 

Message 6 of 10
GT23
Guide

The factory reset did it. I now see all devices. Thank you!
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
fmalloy
Luminary

Sorry, I don't consider a "factory reset and setup" as a solution to anything. 

A factory reset should be done under two circumstances: 1) at the factory (hence the name), and 2) to reset it for sale.

If you have to "factory reset" because of a firmware update, you have failed. I am not going thru this painful process for every firmware update.

Can you imagine if you have to wipe your smartphone or computer everytime you updated the firmware/OS?

Why can't Netgear update the firmware without requiring a full-blown reset?  If they cannot, then their software should save the configuration, update the firmware, reset, and restore the configuration.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 10
GT23
Guide

I totally agree! It solved my problem but yes Netgear needs to work on a better user experience because it’s definitely bush league
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7