Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Check Error

MareLuce
Aspirant

Firmware Check Error

I am seeing the Firmware Check Error shown below when I try to upgrade to 2.3.1.60

Is there anything else I could try before installing manually? 

The routers are not easy for me to physically access.

Firmware version of the router: 2.3.1.44

iOS Orbi App version: 2.3.7.6

Orbi Model # RBR50

I've tried to update the Orbi router from iOS ORBI apps on 2 different iPhones and my iPad Pro.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware Check Error

Try updating the Orbi from the RBRs web page using a connected PC and web browser pointed to the RBRs web page. 

@MareLuce wrote:

I am seeing the Firmware Check Error shown below when I try to upgrade to 2.3.1.60

Is there anything else I could try before installing manually? 

The routers are not easy for me to physically access.

Firmware version of the router: 2.3.1.44

iOS Orbi App version: 2.3.7.6

Orbi Model # RBR50

I've tried to update the Orbi router from iOS ORBI apps on 2 different iPhones and my iPad Pro.

Message 2 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

If you do not have a PC or Mac that can be connected to the Orbi with a cable, you could try using Safari on the iPad.  Browse to the Orbi administrative web site (sometimes "orbilogin.com" works. I use the IP address 192.168.1.1)  After you log in, it should bring up a Home page.  Click to the "Advanced" tab, then Administration, then Firmware Update.  If the Online Update shows new firmware, then click on "Update All".

(The Manual Update is for users who have gone to the Netgear support site and downloaded the firmware file to their PC or Mac.)

Message 3 of 11
maxhowells7
Aspirant

The firmware error you are facing just because of the problem Wii Error Code 51330 and for that you need to understand about the security of the router. Just do one thing updated the router's software then I believe you will not face this problem again.

Model: XCM8810|NETGEAR 8800 10-Slot Chassis Switch
Message 4 of 11
MareLuce
Aspirant

The solution to the problem: 

Update the firmware by connecting my laptop to the router address via a web browser to 192.168.x.x. (I don’t recall the exact address)

NOT update via the iOS app

the iOS app can’t update correctly.  The browser works fine.

that is the solution.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, thanks for letting is know it works for you. We've seen issues with the Orbi App. Hopefully NG can get this fixed in the app. 

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@MareLuce wrote:

The solution to the problem: 

Update the firmware by connecting my laptop to the router address via a web browser to 192.168.x.x. (I don’t recall the exact address)

NOT update via the iOS app

the iOS app can’t update correctly.  The browser works fine.

that is the solution.

Message 6 of 11
patriciagomez01
Aspirant

I am using a router from Asus.I have face firmware error while upgrading.Being a novice in this technical field i had no idea how to get rid of this error. I have researched a lot to find the solution and finally contact asus customer service.I told them about the error i am facing.They listen to my problem and troubleshoot it. Not more to do they just told me to update the software of the router with the latest one.However my point is if you are using any asus products and face any software or hardware related problem you can rely on  them.

Model: Dual Band
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

This only applies to ASUS Mfr products. This forum is for NetGear products. Please refer and post over on Asus community forums.

Thank you. 

@patriciagomez01 wrote:

I am using a router from Asus.I have face firmware error while upgrading.Being a novice in this technical field i had no idea how to get rid of this error. I have researched a lot to find the solution and finally contact asus customer service.I told them about the error i am facing.They listen to my problem and troubleshoot it. Not more to do they just told me to update the software of the router with the latest one.However my point is if you are using any asus products and face any software or hardware related problem you can rely on  them.

Message 8 of 11
Jetdrive
Luminary

The point of his post was not to get Asus support here in this forum, but to let everyone know that Asus actually provides good assistance and supports the customer. Good to know when so many people are expressing very real concerns about Netgear support. You would think Netgear would have a team working 24/7 on the latest firmware fix for their blotched last release to avoid the possibility of losing customers. 

Message 9 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@Jetdrive wrote:

The point of his post was not to get Asus support here in this forum, but to let everyone know that Asus actually provides good assistance and supports the customer. ...

Dude, check the URL provided in that post - that's certainly not Asus support!

Message 10 of 11
Jetdrive
Luminary

You are right. I didn't bother to question that the poster didn't know he wasn't using official Asus support but glad his problem was resolved. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7