Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Manual Update Page Not Showing Router

MiddKid
Guide

Firmware Manual Update Page Not Showing Router

Strange issue I'm trying to solve while visiting my 80 year old parents' house for a week...

They have a basic RBR750/RBS750 system. 1 router, 3 satellites. When I arrived there were three different firmwares so I went into the manual update page and manually updated each satellite. They are all now running 4.6.8.5. The router, however, is still on 4.6.8.2 and the automatic update page says no firmware update available. Problem is when I go to the manual update page only the satellites are listed, not the router. When I did this on my own home network, the router was there as well. Stumped by this one...how can I get the router to appear on the manual update page?

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Firmware Manual Update Page Not Showing Router

Since this is a Manual Update, you have already downloaded the new image file. Just follow the directions.  For the router, click on Browse to find the image file and upload it.  For satellites, you have to select which one to update, so there is a table to choose from.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge or Firefox?

There should be a Manual Tab seen on the RBRs web page...

Message 2 of 10
MiddKid
Guide

Tried both Chrome and Safari. And yes, there is a "Manual Update" tab which I click on. But then the table that shows the available devices only shows the 3 satellites and not the router. Strange.

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@MiddKid wrote:

.how can I get the router to appear on the manual update page?

This part of the Manual Update page is missing?

CrimpOn_0-1656949650050.png

Message 4 of 10
MiddKid
Guide

No, that's there. The router isn't in the chart, just the satellites. See attached.

Message 5 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Since this is a Manual Update, you have already downloaded the new image file. Just follow the directions.  For the router, click on Browse to find the image file and upload it.  For satellites, you have to select which one to update, so there is a table to choose from.

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

The router won't be in that list. Thats only for the RBS. Manual Updates take place for the RBR on the Manual tab. 

@MiddKid wrote:

No, that's there. The router isn't in the chart, just the satellites. See attached.

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

The router won't be in the chart. just the satellites.

For the router, you'll use the arrow'd section that @CrimpOn highlighted. 

Message 8 of 10
MiddKid
Guide

I'm an idiot. I thought it had to be on the list with the checkbox next to it. Bingo. Updated! Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7