Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Problems w/ Satellites

gm2t2
Aspirant

Firmware Problems w/ Satellites

I updated the firmware on my router before I installed my satelite firmware update.  It will not upadte the satelite through software or by doing it outside software. When I go to software update I get an error message "failed to get firmware version" and it stops at that point.

Could I just factory reset both router and satelite and start over or is there a better way?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master

That .img file looks correct.

Did you unzip the file that you downloaded or are you trying to load it from within the zipped file?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Streak2
Master

Have you tried using manual update?

Select the satellite you want to update and then upload the update that you can get from here

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBS50.aspx#download

Message 2 of 6
gm2t2
Aspirant

It says I am not connected to the internet.  I am hard wired from router to computer. I can get on the internet anytime I want to setup as it is now.  I am lost.

DO

Message 3 of 6
gm2t2
Aspirant

After going thru the manual install, it tells me the firmware version I am trying to install is incorrect, please load correct file and try again.  RBS50-V2.1..img is the file populated in the correct box. 

Message 4 of 6
Streak2
Master

That .img file looks correct.

Did you unzip the file that you downloaded or are you trying to load it from within the zipped file?

Message 5 of 6
gm2t2
Aspirant

I resynced my satelite and when i logged in orbi it let update it automatically.  It is working fine now..

Thanks for all the help could not have done it without ya.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7