Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Update Problem with Orbi Satellite

rmoran52
Tutor

Firmware Update Problem with Orbi Satellite

I am trying to update my Orbi satellite RBS50 to the latest firmware but it keeps telling me I have to incorrect version when I know I have chosen the right one. It goes through with the attempt to update by uploading the image file only to fail after it finishes the upload. I have rebooted and tried many times. I can login, I see everything and it all works but will not update to the latest firmware. I have read all posts but none seem to address my specific issue. Any help would be appreciated. Version 2.0.1.4_1.0.0.6 to version 2.1.4.16 using file RBS50-V2.1.4.16.img.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware Update Problem with Orbi Satellite

Try an intermeddiate version first then load the last recent version. I saw with with my friends system when I helped get his going:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

Version I used is listed there...Try something half way in between what you have loaded now and most current available.

Did you update the router already?

You can directly connect to the back of the satellite if it's already connected to base ruoter and update directly there using the satellites IP address to log in to its UI.

Message 2 of 4
rmoran52
Tutor

Thanks Furry38, I will try your solution first. I have not updated the router as it says to update the sattelite first.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok good, ya update satellite first. It should update to something intermediate, the you can apply the last current version.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7