Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Update for rbr50 is broken

bg35
Follower

Firmware Update for rbr50 is broken

The firware update system is totally broken.  This is so sad.  I tried to hit updtae fro the app on mobile device, and it eventually says that update failed.  I then tried to hardwire into the orbi and update, and nothing happens-it times out after many hours.  I then downloaded the firmware and tried to do a manual firmware update, and the system tells me that the firmware is incorrect even though I am downloading the correct firmware (rbr50 going from version 2.3.1.48 to 2.3.5.30.  Come on NetGear, please fix the update system.  Otherwise, what is the point

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Firmware Update for rbr50 is broken

Are you sure nothing wrong in your network regarding routing?

Please tell us more about your setup. To start with, what is the model of your ISP router? Is Orbi set in Router or AP Mode? Any swtches used in between?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware Update for rbr50 is broken

Try using a wireld PC and a web browser to update the RBS first then RBR. The FW update system in the web page IS working. 

Weve seen issues with the Orbi app. 

Let us know about your ISP modem as well. 

@bg35 wrote:

The firware update system is totally broken.  This is so sad.  I tried to hit updtae fro the app on mobile device, and it eventually says that update failed.  I then tried to hardwire into the orbi and update, and nothing happens-it times out after many hours.  I then downloaded the firmware and tried to do a manual firmware update, and the system tells me that the firmware is incorrect even though I am downloading the correct firmware (rbr50 going from version 2.3.1.48 to 2.3.5.30.  Come on NetGear, please fix the update system.  Otherwise, what is the point

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7