Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Updates

mrbungeeman17
Follower

Firmware Updates

I recently purchase an orbi RBK50.  When setting up i was having trouble linking router and satellite.  I have internet and wifi through orbi router but it would not link dispite several attemps.  I did a reset on both the router and satallite that did not help.  In my frustration or haste i updated the firmware on the router.  

Without being able to link the satellite i can not see the firmware it is currently running.  I have logged into robilogin.net but there is no satellite listed so i can not do a manual update there either.  Is there anything i can do?  i am not extremely tech savy so please reply as such if possible.  

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to update the satellite FW first. You may have to downgrade the router back, then get the satellite connected long enough to upgrade the FW there first, then upgrade the router last. 

I recommend manually applying FW updates by downloading files needed and using IE11 or FF browser. Do a factory reset once all is updated and setup from scratch. 

Message 2 of 4
Hsc1102
Apprentice

You need to return this back to the store as soon as possible and get another system.  Tons of issues with firmware as you should be able to tell in this forum.  I wish I could return mine but unfortunately I'm past my return window.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Doesn't mean OP will have same issues or any issues. Let the user get his set up before assuming he will have problems. 

IF your having problems, make a new post and give details to your problems. Maybe we can help you get yours going better. 

@Hsc1102 wrote:

You need to return this back to the store as soon as possible and get another system.  Tons of issues with firmware as you should be able to tell in this forum.  I wish I could return mine but unfortunately I'm past my return window.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7