Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Updates

esb2b
Guide

I was able to select it but it wouldn’t run on mine until I did it with Firefox. I don’t know why - I got it done so - I also had downloade the latest one not 6 but 7.
Message 26 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I didn't actually apply one of those I checked as mine already at v102. So I presume there maybe an issue with Safari. I would bring this up to NG and Apples attention though. 

Message 27 of 37
vajim
Master

Think how nice life would be if you weren't worrying about a firmware update.  

Message 28 of 37
esb2b
Guide

The two aren't related. One can have a nice life and sort an issue at the same time - it's preferable to snarking at others productivity. 

Message 29 of 37
vajim
Master

@esb2b wrote:

The two aren't related. One can have a nice life and sort an issue at the same time - it's preferable to snarking at others productivity. 

Thank you

Message 30 of 37
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@esb2b wrote:

I wpudlnt mind that if mine auto updated,

And if in the next day the home network was non functional?   This has happened to many of us.  And not just Netgear routers. 

Message 31 of 37
esb2b
Guide

What if the world ends then what?? This is a help forum not social media to argue - what if lightening struck and blew out the electronics? What if it was made on a Friday and stops working? What if???? You deal - fix it, get a new one - life goes on. You deal. Make a choice - do I need/want to replace it? Then do. Nothing is permanent. 🙄
Message 32 of 37
gr8sho
Virtuoso

You don’t get to make decisions about how my router gets updated blindly. Sorry.
Message 33 of 37
gr8sho
Virtuoso

The forum has been helpful to provide pointers on where owners can download the latest firmware. And steps to take when things go wrong. Arguing about why, when a new recommended update should be presented to users seems pointless.
Message 34 of 37
esb2b
Guide

No one is making decisions about your router. None of this has anything to do with your router. What's your problem? This issue as posted was resolved. What I wouldn't mind has zero impact on you or your router. Grow up. Find someone else to argue with. I don't work at Netgear and I highly doubt they are taking my wishes and making policy over them. How you manage your system is your choice and your business. 🧐 newsflash - another persons wishes aren't about you. 

Message 35 of 37
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@esb2b wrote:

I saw a thread where it updat4ed overnight - I wpudlnt mind that if mine auto updated,

Directly quoting.  This used to be the way NG managed updates.  It was miserable, waking up to a broken network and spending the better part of a day getting things working.  If given a choice, I will manage updates when I know I can tolerate down time.  The objection is to statements that suggest auto update.  Some devices offer choice, others do not.  Where we are today is far better than where we were in the past.  

Message 36 of 37
esb2b
Guide

yes - my own comment - I saw a thread and wouldnt mind if mine auto upodated - I am allowed the freedom of my opinion and in the context of the difficulties I encountered trying to update mine manually, makes sense - still has zero to do with your router and your setup - if you mind, carry on or start your own thread or go back to the one that is talking about it - you get in mine and cause drama for no reason - please feel free to mind or not mind on your own thread - I will be happy to not comment on it 🙂 as for my above opinion - deal with it - that is life! 

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7