Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Updates

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Firmware Updates

Just got an email from Netgear telling me to update my Orbi firmware.  I'm currently on V2.0.0.74.

Anyone else get this?  Is the update safe...??

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Firmware Updates

Unless they've released something other than .76 (which is a a beta), you're on the current firmware:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

so....I'm wondering what the email is all about?

WHY YOU ARE RECEIVING THIS EMAIL:

NETGEAR values the security of your network and data so we have released new firmware updates for several products to address security issues. The products include routers, gateways, WiFi range extenders, and Powerlines.

Message 3 of 6
pprior
Aspirant

I got the same email and also on .74 - can't find anything newer to update to but for them to send an email sounds like there is a problem.

Message 4 of 6
jerryschwartz
Apprentice

In my case, it applies to an older router that I have.

Message 5 of 6
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Yeah, got that email notification, too. I've already installed 2.0.0.76 Beta on my Orbi, because the release notes say that there's a fix for the KRACK WPA2 security issue, and I don't see anything beyond that. And the newest firmware for the R7800 doesn't have a fix for KRACK yet, so it would be nice if Netgear would list which routers have updates for that and what the firmware version is. I wasted some time thumbing through the new releases, looking for fixes, and didn't find specific enough references to be useful (except for the 2.0.0.76 Beta release for the Orbi that I mentioned).

Netgear could be a little more helpful in their notifications and release notes for "new" firmware releases.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7