Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware V1.12.0.18 Discussion

Re: V1.12.0.18 is out

every version has been solid for me up until this one, their phone support is pretty crappy, some Indian lady wants me to enable Implicit Beamforming and all my disconnect problems will magically go away supposedly.

She also claims if you do a manual firmware update it will disable any future automatic updates, not sure that I believe that.

Message 51 of 810
martyfp
Luminary

I'm running full router mode and so far things have been stable on the new FW.  (was dropping regularly before)

One other thing that I did - not sure if it is significant - but after the update I forced the iphones to forget the SSID then rejoin again.  NO idea if that helped or not.

At this point I am happy - however, the kids are now home and hammering the network.  I am holding my breath 

Message 52 of 810

So oddly enough after enabling Implicit Beamforming both my IOS and Android devices that were disconnecting after about a minute are stable now. My easy test for this is to load Clash of Clans which is sensitive to bad connections when you get the dreaded in-game wifi symbol. After the update they would both consistently disconnect after about a minute, with Implicit Beamforming enabled so far has been OK with no disconnects. I had never had an issue before this update and IB was always disabled by default. Does this mean Implicit Beamforming is required with all the disconnect issues that they fixed in this release.

Message 53 of 810
Sevi2
Tutor

AP mode for me, working ok.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 54 of 810
Bchildress
Star

My network went offline this morning and I just got back from the office - have the new firmware V1.12.0.18 and all my config is gone - I came home to ORBI26 10.0.0.1 network whereas this morning it was a 192.168.86.1 network - everything offline. Still configuring it back best I can.

Message 55 of 810

I spoke too soon, my Galaxy S7 Edge still is disconnecting after the update. I just downgraded back to 1.11.0.20. Way to go Netgear and ruin my perfectly functioning wifi that has worked fine for 8 months with a crappy update like this.

Message 56 of 810
JMU1998
Luminary

Now I have a 2.4GHz radio on for which I have zero use contributing to the interference in an already congested neighborhood and NO way to turn it off or turn the signal down!! How nice to have a 2.4GHz radio with no assigned SSID running for which I have no use brilliant design! Why Netgear why did you take away the ability to turn off or reduced power on 2.4GHz? 

Message 57 of 810
OrbiMan
Luminary

Guest network now broadcast on main unit as well as satellite
Message 58 of 810
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Even after 1.12.x.x, I'm still  device connecivity issues.

Running a continuous ping of the devices on my LAN, it appears there is still a a problem with the backhaul and/or the satellite firmware. See below

18 hours post reboot, backhaul has only been active 3 hours. Tx/RX ratio does not look reasonable.
orbi_backhaul.png

5 hours later, the pattern appears much the same.  tx is 150x rx
orbi_backhaul_2.png

Also, as you can see the backhaul ping times average 7ms, quite high for a LAN device, with regular spikes into WAN latency territory.

backhaul_ping_2.png

backhaul_ping_3.png

Message 59 of 810
la79
Apprentice

After updating to this firmware I noticed that all my devices are now listed as "wired" in the Orbi App and the Network Map in theGenie App. Even though they are wireless devices.

They are showing as wireless when I login in locally to the router as they should be. This happening to anyone else?
Message 60 of 810
JMU1998
Luminary

@la79 yes I posted this issue in another thread, and another person also confirmed this so we now have 3 separate people reporting this hopefully Moderator or Netgear Engineering reading this

Message 61 of 810
ArtLee
Apprentice

@la79 wrote:
After updating to this firmware I noticed that all my devices are now listed as "wired" in the Orbi App and the Network Map in theGenie App. Even though they are wireless devices.

They are showing as wireless when I login in locally to the router as they should be. This happening to anyone else?

Yes, And, all show 100% strength in the Genie App which makes sense if they're wired, but they're not wired.

Message 62 of 810
Phandam
Apprentice

I also see all my devices as wired in the Orbi app. 

Message 63 of 810
DarrellRiffe
Apprentice

Yeah - I'm seeing the same thing.  Obvious coding error...

@la79 wrote:

Message 64 of 810
JMU1998
Luminary

Now that we have had conformation from many people is Netgear going to acknowledge or take a note of this? Any moderator want to confirm this has been taken up to Engineering? 

Message 65 of 810
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

24 hour performance indficators for v1.12.0.8. As you can see, Satellite performance is terrible relative to the router. And my load on the satellite is trivial 99% of the time.  Idle printer, idle Tivo, my phone getting periodic email updates.

And there is definitely a problem with the "Tx/RX B/s" fields.  It appears to be an incrementing counter, not a rate indicator as labeled. Assuming the values are accurate, I'm also curious why the ratio is so skewed.

backhaul_ping_4.png

orbi_backhaul_3.png

Message 66 of 810
Killou92
Tutor

This firmware is really bad... First I lost my satellite and I had to reset both devices to fix the issue, then I realized that my Galaxy S8 was dropping internet every 2 minutes (I did forgot network etc).

I went back to the previous firmware and I'm having no issue 1.11.0.20. 

Thanks

Message 67 of 810
Retired_Member
Not applicable

For me and my 90+ devices, it's back to rock solid fixing the issues 1.11.x introduced.

Message 68 of 810
Doug-48051
Luminary

I am using NETGEAR app version 3.1.28. All devices are listed correctly, wired and wireless. I am using 1 SAT and 1 router. No outage since new firmware.  Why is App question in firmwire forum? Most likely 2 different development teams.

Message 69 of 810
la79
Apprentice

Can I ask what steps you took to update to V1.12.0.18? I did an AutoUpdate and after the Router restarted is when I began to see all my devices listed as "Wired" in the NetGear Orbi and NetGear Genie App. Listed fine when I login locally to the Orbi Router.

I did have an issue with the Satellite not sinking originally with the Router but I then did a full reboot of the Router by unplugging the Modem and the Router and then plugging them back in.

I'm using that version of the NetGear App (3.1.28) and my devices are listed as "Wired." I have 1 Sat and 1 Router also.

Message 70 of 810
Doug-48051
Luminary

@la79

The router I updated through the web UI The SAT I had to update manually b/c of an error messge.  Some users have gone as far as a factory reset, then update the firmware.  If you do this you may wish to backup your current configuration file. so you can reload it after update.

Hope this helps 🙂

Message 71 of 810
raven_au
Virtuoso

@ArtLee wrote:

@la79 wrote:

Yes, And, all show 100% strength in the Genie App which makes sense if they're wired, but they're not wired.

I see the same behaviour, all WIRED in the Orbi app and all 100% signal strength in the Genie app.

Ian

Message 72 of 810
la79
Apprentice

@Doug-48051

Well, I tried to backup my settings and restore my router but after everthing it still showing all my devices and "Wired" in the Genie App. Oh well.

Message 73 of 810
raven_au
Virtuoso

@la79 wrote:

@Doug-48051

Well, I tried to backup my settings and restore my router but after everthing it still showing all my devices and "Wired" in the Genie App. Oh well.

Due to problems I reset my RBR50, RBS50 and RBS40 to factory defaults and manually re-configured.

I didn't even notice the display problem until after I had done this.

Ian

Message 74 of 810
Doug-48051
Luminary

wow... did you try uninstall and re-install the app?

Message 75 of 810
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7