Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware V1.12.0.18 Discussion

gbjackson
Apprentice

@Tim-in-CA wrote:

How can you tell which frequency clients are connected to if the SSID is shared between bot 2.4 and 5Ghz?  I haven't found an option in the menu for this.  I've only seen that if you go into the Satellite's menu, that you can see what devices are connected to each sat.

The "Attached devices" screen on the v2.0.0.62 beta there lists which device (router or satellite) and which band (2.4 or 5) each device is attached to.  It's the major noticeable difference in the updated interface.

I've been telling support that the beta appears to work at least on my system. The last message I got from support (on the 25th) says that their engineers are pushing for the update to be released a.s.a.p. 

Message 626 of 810
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@gbjackson wrote:

@Tim-in-CA wrote:

How can you tell which frequency clients are connected to if the SSID is shared between bot 2.4 and 5Ghz?  I haven't found an option in the menu for this.  I've only seen that if you go into the Satellite's menu, that you can see what devices are connected to each sat.

The "Attached devices" screen on the v2.0.0.62 beta there lists which device (router or satellite) and which band (2.4 or 5) each device is attached to.  It's the major noticeable difference in the updated interface.

I've been telling support that the beta appears to work at least on my system. The last message I got from support (on the 25th) says that their engineers are pushing for the update to be released a.s.a.p. 

Have you rebooted the devices since loading the beta, as in after it had run for a while on the beta?

Message 627 of 810
gbjackson
Apprentice

No.  Installed the beta on 8/21, then did a factory reset as instructed.  Haven't rebooted since (or had any reason to).

Message 628 of 810
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@gbjackson wrote:

No.  Installed the beta on 8/21, then did a factory reset as instructed.  Haven't rebooted since (or had any reason to).

That's what happened to several of us on the 1.12.16 beta... it was fine after loading, but went flaky after a reboot.

Message 629 of 810
davidwiener84
Initiate

I am running 1.12.0.18 and have been watching my satellites connect and disconnect every couple seconds. I made a 30s giphy to show whats going on. Its extremely boring, but in the 30s loop, you can see sattellites coming and going like mad. As you can imagine, wreaking havoc on the network.  Link to giphy here: http://gph.is/2x26V46

Message 630 of 810
nxc
Apprentice
Apprentice

@davidwiener84 wrote:

I am running 1.12.0.18 and have been watching my satellites connect and disconnect every couple seconds. I made a 30s giphy to show whats going on. Its extremely boring, but in the 30s loop, you can see sattellites coming and going like mad. As you can imagine, wreaking havoc on the network.  Link to giphy here: http://gph.is/2x26V46

I have found on many occasions that this page can be very unreliable. It can show the satellite is disconnected when it's actually fine, and vice versa.

Message 631 of 810
scornwell
Apprentice

@TXGunLover wrote:

@gbjackson wrote:

That's what happened to several of us on the 1.12.16 beta... it was fine after loading, but went flaky after a reboot.

That's exactly my experience with the latest. I can erase NVRAM, factory reset, upgrade and it works great until it reboots or drops the internet connection, then it's a mess.

Message 632 of 810
alberts
Star

Do i understand it: when you boot the new beta firmware the mess is back? I fear the time is approaching when we have to dump at least for some time or for good the orbis. How much time has everybody wasted for a product they screwed up. Is anybody here where the new firmware works as we all hope.
Netgear sucks ...
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 633 of 810
spinkick
Apprentice

I have about 25 devices on my orbi and my s8+ is the only issue. I've rebooted the device as well with no changes. However, I use the Orbi in access point mode, not router mode, so it does not have as much to process.

Message 634 of 810
scornwell
Apprentice

@alberts wrote:
Do i understand it: when you boot the new beta firmware the mess is back? I fear the time is approaching when we have to dump at least for some time or for good the orbis. How much time has everybody wasted for a product they screwed up. Is anybody here where the new firmware works as we all hope.
Netgear sucks ...

I don't think anyone has confirmed that, I should be able to later today. If I could have dumped Orbi I would have done so a month ago.

Message 635 of 810
jleecloak1
Apprentice

My Orbi has been disconnected for almost 2 months now. I asked for a refund and didn't get a response. I can't sell it on ebay for fear of someone buying it and complaining that it doesn't work because of the firmware issues.

Message 636 of 810
Sevo123
Apprentice

Hi everyone. I asked on facebook netgear support about when will they fix the issue about the orbi not being fully mesh system where the satalites will connect to eachother and tak to eachother instead of only to the wifi. Also I asked about all the firmware issues going on with this1.12.10.18 they replied like this. 

Hello Sevak,

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry for the delay. Our engineering is working on a firmware to be released to support this.

Best Regards,

NETGEAR Team

I asked when this will be no response yet. I will update you guys if I get anything back. 

Message 637 of 810
DarrellRiffe
Apprentice

@Sevo123 wrote:

Hi everyone. I asked on facebook netgear support about when will they fix the issue about the orbi not being fully mesh system where the satalites will connect to eachother and tak to eachother instead of only to the wifi. Also I asked about all the firmware issues going on with this1.12.10.18 they replied like this. 

Hello Sevak,

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry for the delay. Our engineering is working on a firmware to be released to support this.

Best Regards,

NETGEAR Team

I asked when this will be no response yet. I will update you guys if I get anything back. 

he 

As for me, even if the update came tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough.  I can't believe that my system functioned just fine when I bought it and even after the V1.12.0.18.  Then, a couple of nights ago -- Boom -- everything resets to ground zero and it hasn't held a connection for longer than a few minutes at a time since - no matter what I do.  I can't believe that I'm reinstalling my old Airport Extreme tonight.

Message 638 of 810
scornwell
Apprentice

@DarrellRiffe wrote:

As for me, even if the update came tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough.  I can't believe that my system functioned just fine when I bought it and even after the V1.12.0.18.  Then, a couple of nights ago -- Boom -- everything resets to ground zero and it hasn't held a connection for longer than a few minutes at a time since - no matter what I do.  I can't believe that I'm reinstalling my old Airport Extreme tonight.

Try backing up your settings and doing a NVRAM reset, followed by a factory reset and reconfigure/restore settings. Then don't reboot or run QoS.

Message 639 of 810
RogerSC
Virtuoso

@scornwell wrote:

@DarrellRiffe wrote:

Try backing up your settings and doing a NVRAM reset, followed by a factory reset and reconfigure/restore settings. Then don't reboot or run QoS.

I feel that I should emphasize not restoring saved settings from just before you did the reset. Restoring settings from a saved configuration file made just before the reset would restore your QoS settings, and any other settings that might have somehow become corrupted. Instead one should manually re-enter one's settings to get a clean start. Or if you had a saved settings file made just after doing a reset and manually re-entering settings (except for running the QoS speed test, of course), that should be clean, and you could use that.

Message 640 of 810
DarrellRiffe
Apprentice

Try backing up your settings and doing a NVRAM reset, followed by a factory reset and reconfigure/restore settings. Then don't reboot or run QoS.I have

I have done all of that.  Telnet NVRAM reset/commit, factory reset, etc.  Following that, I was diligent in never running the QOS speedtest.  It seemed to work well for a few days. Then everything went haywire when it rebooted on its own. The router SSID defaulted to "Orbi28" and and forced me through setup as if it were just out of the box.   What seems to have stabilized things for now (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this) is that I unplugged both satellites, and started the router back up.  Seems stable, but it has only been a couple of hours.

Message 641 of 810
Dustin278
Apprentice

ALL of my problems finally solved after recieving the latest firmware update last night from Level 2 support - V2.0.0.64. I went from V2.0.0.62-debug to V2.0.0.64..

No more S8 problems - I think this was after the new Verizon update yesterday

No more satellite disconects 

Reliable speeds even 120' into my backyard

Cross your fingers but I think the release should be anyday now!

Message 642 of 810
Screamz
Guide

How do we get our hands on this firmware??

I have no patience going through netgears support lol.

Message 643 of 810
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Screamz wrote:

How do we get our hands on this firmware??

I have no patience going through netgears support lol.

Going through support here on this forum is the only way.  It takes several days, and you'll have to sign a legal agreement.

Message 644 of 810
Screamz
Guide

I'm trying to register my Orbi and I'm getting the following error.

This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

Message 645 of 810
gbjackson
Apprentice

@alberts wrote:
Do i understand it: when you boot the new beta firmware the mess is back?

Nobody has said this.  I'm running a beta firmware and can hit "reboot" tonight to see what happens. 

Message 646 of 810
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@gbjackson wrote:

@alberts wrote:

Nobody has said this.  I'm running a beta firmware and can hit "reboot" tonight to see what happens. 

No one has said this about the 2.0.x firmware, but at least two of us had it happen with the 1.12.x branch.

Message 647 of 810
Dustin278
Apprentice

@gbjackson wrote:

@alberts wrote:

I have rebooted many of times without problems with the Beta firmware and newest V2.0.0.64.. Running flawlessly for past 24 hours with latest Verizon update for my S8 and V2.0.0.64

Message 648 of 810
Mlny2
Initiate

Was working from home today and my wifi was dropping every 20 mins or so. I got in touch with tech support and he had me do a hard reset. It seem to help but I doubt it. He did say new firmware will be out next month but didn't say specific day.
Message 649 of 810
jleecloak1
Apprentice

next month........

Message 650 of 810
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7