Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware V2.1.1.16 auto update

atiq332
Star

Please can you tell me what firmware was in the begining when we first purchased this RBK50 i mean factory default firmware? i wants to downgrade to . actually my speed was 300 mb all over in my home since i upgrade to lastest and latest its become slow slow and slow..

Message 51 of 59
gsavage
Guide

I don't recall the original firmware rev with specificity, but it was a v1.x release.

Message 52 of 59
atiq332
Star

so it is same prcedure to downgrade to v1? like we upload lates one?

Message 53 of 59

so it is same prcedure to downgrade to v1? like we upload lates one?

Yep, it works the same exact way.  I rolled back from 2.1.1.16 to 2.0.0.17 to 1.12.0.18 to 1.11.0.20 over a week ago to get stability back into my setup.

Message 54 of 59
atiq332
Star

ok i tried now to downgrade to v1. will test all again and if its work will wait to checked the stable orignal firmware comes. otherwise will keep the factory default

Message 55 of 59

The other thing you'll need to make sure you do if you do rollback is that you disable automatic updates.

You can follow this post, which worked for me:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-V1-12-0-18-Discussion/m-p/1323973/highlight/true#M103...

Message 56 of 59
gsavage
Guide

I solved my problem.

The root cause is the truncation of the WiFi password after the "$" -- in my case, the first character.

The router passes this on to the satellites and the satellites then shut down WiFi for some reason.

I reinstalled FW 2.1.1.16 in the router and then, using an ethernet connection, the satellites. I then reset the satellites to factory default, which reenabled WiFi.  Next, I selected a WiFi password without special characters.  I then successfully resynced the satellites.

Finally, I am reprogramming all of my household appliances to the new WiFi password, which is a real pain.

Netgear engineers, please take notice: I am an engineer; this is not a friendly bug for most consumers.

Message 57 of 59
atiq332
Star

please can you help my 3 question.

can i add on any satellite to my RBK50. . Looking to buy rbsw60 wall connectec?

and i am happy with roll back my firmware to .74. all works fine all nearly 260-280 mbsout of 300mbs. and last i tried beta firmare last one. but not happy, are they released final virsion of stable. firmware with backhual.. and last. i dont know how do i create my own new thread. when ever i tried erros comes highlighted  error correct. i did but not sucess to put my own tread on this forms please help thanks

Message 58 of 59
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes you can add any model satellite to your RBK50.

DarrenM

Message 59 of 59
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7