Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Version 1.10.1.2

Camoit
Star

Firmware Version 1.10.1.2

Does anybody know what they fixed? All it has in the release notes is   "fixed some bugs"  That is not a release note. That is a joke.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 72

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone

We have release firmware version 1.12.0.18 this firmware has fixes for disconnects and many more I posted the release notes below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000044171/RBR50-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-18

If you are still having issues after updating your Orbi unit you may want to factory reset the Orbi and test again. If you are still having disconnect issues or other issues with this firmware please create a new thread or contact our support team.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 72 of 72

All Replies
ppilot212
Star

It actually made my wifi completely unstable after the previous version fixed a lot of the issues i had been dealing with. Thankfully I still have some time left on my support, so so I've opened a ticket

Message 2 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

Yeah I agree, it's definitely worse than last version, I've downgraded 2 versions, as that was better
Message 3 of 72
ppilot212
Star

Through support I was able to get the new beta firmware and that seems to have fixed things. I am guessing the next public release isn't far away guessing on the comments their tech support.

Message 4 of 72
samsamsamsam
Guide

LeBullet,

How were you able to downgrade the firmware and stop the unit from auto-updating to the latest? My unit was working perfectly before 1.10.1.2. and everytime I manually load the previous version it automatically updates itself in a matter of minutes.

Message 5 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

It seemed I wasn't, the next day, it had auto updated itself and my issues have returned in earnest.

youd kind of hope they'll add this "check box ", wouldn't you

aG

Message 6 of 72
Hsc1102
Apprentice

ORBI!!!!! Get your stuff together!!!!! ICANT STAND THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISCONNECT DISCONNECT DISCONNECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 7 of 72
Camoit
Star

I think it's worse then the iPhone. There is no way to stop the upgrades now. Fustrating.

Message 8 of 72
Longi
Initiate

Thanks for the hints; how can I get the beta firmware from support?

I'm using an app as baby monitor and the instability of this version is driving me absolutely mad.

Message 9 of 72
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Longi

I have sent you a Pm.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 72
Camoit
Star

My unit is only about 2 months old. Is there no way to stop the auto updates???

Other then that is seems to work ok for the most part.

Message 11 of 72
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello camoit

No way to stop auto updating.

DarrenM

Message 12 of 72
dwabram
Initiate

I have started having the drop issues as well after about 30 days of the Orbi working perfect. All of my devices drop the wifi signal. Sometomes I can turn wifi off and back on at the device and sometimes I have to re-sync the satellite. I am getting very frustrated after spending this amount of money, My wifi signal wasn't as strong throughout the house before, but at least it was consistant.

Message 13 of 72
MarkC1024
Luminary

Someone found a way by blocking the IP address that the Orbi checks for updates.  It's on here somewhere.

Message 14 of 72
JML80
Aspirant

DarrenM: could you also send me a PM re: beta firmware access? I'd like to stop the disconnections as well.  Thanks much.

Message 15 of 72
superben79
Apprentice

same here. after the 1.10.1.2, my wifi is slow. and what is the reason netgear is not sharing the readme for this fix?

Message 16 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone, these issues are caused by the Orbi backhaul from the router dropping constantly. You can reference this thread for more info. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-backhall-signal-dropping-to-Zero/td-p/1276320
This is a critical failure and Netgear is not addressing it. Please take a chance and look at your Backhaul signals and post your results! There's not a single example of one that does not look like an EKG.
Message 17 of 72
superben79
Apprentice

orbi just restarted itself, nothing shows in the log why. firmware is still the same. this is the 1st time this thing restarted itself for no reason. is this a known issue in 1.10.1.2?

Message 18 of 72
Camoit
Star

If you find that Ip address please post it. I can block it at the router level.

Message 19 of 72
MarkC1024
Luminary

Message 20 of 72
Camoit
Star

Cool. Thank you.

I have blocked IP address 216.151.177.114

Lets see if it gets updated again. I'll let you know.

bath.jpg

Message 21 of 72
ductapempire
Initiate

Darren,

Would you be able to send me a link to the beta firmware too? I have been having the same problems of intermittant connectivity mentioned in this thread since I updated to v1.10.12.

thanks,

neal

Message 22 of 72
fushing
Initiate

Hi,

I have same problem, could you sent me the bata version fimware,

thanks for help

Message 23 of 72
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Not being able to block firmware updates is a critical design flaw, and an absolute show stopper for any business deployment.

Message 24 of 72
Camoit
Star

If you have a half deacent router you can block it from updating. See post above.

Message 25 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7