Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Version 1.10.1.2

LeBullet
Apprentice

So engineering have given me access to a newer beta, and I've installed it, and so far, a very big improvement from the last beta version they gave me. 

It's only a few hours, but already wifi performance is greatly improved on all my systems again and I've also stopped having my nest camera drop off too.

I don't want to tempt fate, but so far, so good. 

here's hoping this one might be the start of very, very good things.  

Bullet

Message 51 of 72
WarrenDR
Initiate

Hello. I am experiencing the constant disconnects also. If you have access to the Beta Release of information on getting it I would truly appreciate it. Also,any initial observations with it would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Warren

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 52 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

you'd need to raise a support ticket and sign the beta NDA before they'll let you have it.

I'm on my 2nd version this week, and the first version wasn't great, the new one however, looks much more promising, but it is only a few hours since I've installed it.

Needs a few more days to really tell if it's resolved the issues, but certainly my Sky Q wife performance and Nest camera drops look much, much improved.

Lets see how the IPad Wifi issue is much more improved too, only time will tell.

AG

Message 53 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Which beta did they send you LeBullet? I'm glad it seems good so far.
Message 54 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

Hi,

originally, 1.11.02, but now i'm on, 1.11.0.8

Bullet

Message 55 of 72
bestguess
Star

Still having dropouts with apple devices now
Message 56 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

So, overnight, we're still getting some Nest connection drops, but my ipad battery drain seems better, I've not used it much to really tell, but it definitely seems like progress.

My Sky Q issues (in terms of terrible and dropped Wifi connections across the system and across the internet) are resovled and it's now performing as it has done this last year.  

Overall, it's definitely looking like a good step forwards

Bullet

Message 57 of 72
njfoses
Guide

For those on the beta firmware, is MU-MIMO and beamforming disabled by default?

Message 58 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

yes, off by default!

Bullet

Message 59 of 72
bestguess
Star

Should enable tho... alsomy daughter is a
Heaby mac user and dropouts are overwhelming
Message 60 of 72
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello bestguess

Has your daughter updated her Mac wireless drivers and operating system?

DarrenM

Message 61 of 72
bestguess
Star

No i will try that today.. her ipad how ever is slow also
Message 62 of 72
gfrey
Apprentice

@LeBullet wrote:

So engineering have given me access to a newer beta, and I've installed it, and so far, a very big improvement from the last beta version they gave me. 

It's only a few hours, but already wifi performance is greatly improved on all my systems again and I've also stopped having my nest camera drop off too.

I don't want to tempt fate, but so far, so good. 

here's hoping this one might be the start of very, very good things.  

Bullet

I just emailed engineering to get on their newest beta.  I was doing great with Version 1.10.1.2 until this week.  All of a sudden I started getting a ton of disconnects from my IoT devices especially the Nest products.  I had to go back to an earlier beta to fix the disconnects...  *sadface*

Message 63 of 72
gregsl
Tutor

Hi Bullett, Apparently I'm out of email support now and Firmware 1.10.1.2 is driving me nuts - even my wife is noticing the WiFi hangs/drops and complaining. Is there a Beta download page where an NDA can be signed to get off this version? I can't even downgrade any longer (did they stop that from working)?
Message 64 of 72
gregsl
Tutor

Hi Bullett, ? Apparently I'm out of email support now and Firmware 1.10.1.2 is driving me nuts - even my wife is noticing the WiFi hangs/drops and complaining. Is there a Beta download page where an NDA can be signed to get off this version? I can't even downgrade any longer (did they stop that from working)
Message 65 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

How can you be out if support, you can't have your Orbi long enough, surely?

I definitely think this version is much better, the WiFi disconnects are at least massively reduced, and the WiFi is more stable, certainly. I found 1.10.1.2 to very poor really, but this has so far been greatly better.

I'm still having Nest disconnect 2 times a day, but the IPad battery drain is much better too, and most importantly, my Sonos, Philips Hue and SkyQ, (which had developed terrible wifi download instability and speed on 1.10.1.2) are all working as your hope.

I've not used and wifi scan tools, but it all performs as good hope.

I'm afraid the download links they give you are only available for a few days, and mine will have expired. Under the terms of the NDA, I cannot share the files, you must get them from Nether support directly, they're very tightly controlled rules, I'm sorry.

I'm certain if you requested them, and raised a support case, they'd help you out, they've been great with me.

Bullet
Message 66 of 72
Bugbytecs
Initiate

I just bought the Orbi RBR40 yesterday, and having same instability issues. Can't even connect my android phone. Can I please have beta firmware that seems to resolve issue?
Message 67 of 72
bestguess
Star

Latest beta 1.11.8 habing trouble connecting my android also.. all otjer devices work..
Message 68 of 72
LeBullet
Apprentice

Which Android version and device?

I'm using an S8 Edge + on latest Android version, and is working fine.

AG
Message 69 of 72
bestguess
Star

Galaxy S7 latest firmware random dropouts
Message 70 of 72
Camoit
Star

UPDATE:  The IP addres of 216.151.177.114 is not the address that the unit uses to update the firmware through. So blocking did nothing. I guess I need to strat tracing and logging what is going out and in. But that can be a problem since there is so much trafic through the servers.

Message 71 of 72
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone

We have release firmware version 1.12.0.18 this firmware has fixes for disconnects and many more I posted the release notes below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000044171/RBR50-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-18

If you are still having issues after updating your Orbi unit you may want to factory reset the Orbi and test again. If you are still having disconnect issues or other issues with this firmware please create a new thread or contact our support team.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 72 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7