Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware for RBK50

D18GE
Star

Firmware for RBK50

I recently purchased the RBK50 router and satelitte package from BestBuy and it is reporting the router firmware version as 1.4.0.34 and that no updates are available.  When I do a search on the Netgear website it shows the current firmware for this system as 2.2.1.210.  Did BB sell me an older unit or can this be updated?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware for RBK50

Yes, you can manually download the FW files for the satellite(s) and router. I recommend since you have a older verion of FW loaded that you need to install an intermediate version of FW first before you can finally install v210. Please download v2.0.0.74 and v210 files for the satellites and router. Get the satellites connected first to the router. Once you have them connected, update the satellites first to v2.0.0.74, then update the router last. After this version of FW is applied and the system is back online, go in and upate the satellite(s) to v210 first, then the router lastly. 

You have to update the satellites first before the router or they wont sync correctly if you update the router first. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite

Message 2 of 4
D18GE
Star

Glad to hear the router and sat can be updated.  Thank you for your response and recommendations.  I will report back once completed.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements