Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware history and location for RBR40

rmnhsd
Aspirant

Firmware history and location for RBR40

This site is a mess. The RBR40 is not even listed as one of the model choices in the dropdown.

Anyway one of the latest firmware updates may have broke something and I want to roll back.

Where can I find the firmware history/changelog for the RBR40???

I found a random page that lists the latest firmware and the chages for it, but there is no link to the older firmwares so I have no way to know even when this latest firmware auto-updated.

Also where can I download older firmware from?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Firmware history and location for RBR40

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you do a factory reset and setup from scratch after updating FW to see if this fixes anything? 

Enter in your model info here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Message 2 of 7
rmnhsd
Aspirant

RBR40 is not an option there either. I guess it is so bad they have erased all records of ever selling it.

I already did the reset. it did not help.

Now this piece of crap is redirecting all DNS to routerlogin.net.

I just need the old firmware. When I google RBR40 firmware I get a few random links to older firmwares but I would hope there is a directory somewhere with all of them in order. I have no idea even what the previous version is. 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try inputting RBK43. Same series here. 

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Message 5 of 7
rmnhsd
Aspirant

LOL the RBK43 has RBR40 firmwares on its page. I never would have guessed that but whatever... I hope netgear will fix that soon.

It seems to be working now. I was able to downgrade. It was really wierd- the whole LAN went down all of a sudden the other day. No changes had been made except upgrading the orbis to the latest firmware a few days prior.

When I did a factory reset on the orbi and the main router it then started redirecting DNS to orbilogin and telling me the certificates were not for any website with a certificate. This is a known issue with that firmware I found out. Also it caused all the LAN ports on the parent router to stop working while the wifi from the same was fine.

So its fixed for now. I would love to know what actually happened, but I doubt I ever will.

Thanks everyone who helped out!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem info would be helpful. 

Also doing a factory reset and setup from scratch should be performed if you ever decide to load up more recent code again to see if it's actually a FW issue or something else.  

Good Luck and enjoy. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7