Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware mismatch

altern8
Aspirant

Firmware mismatch

This morning, i received an notification that an new firmware was available for my RBR20/RBS20 unit so I proceeded with the update.  After the dust settled, I noticed the update only took place for the RBR20 unit and the RBS20 stayed on v2.1.  I search the NetGear support page and was surprised to see there is no v2.2 for the RBS20 for me to download.  Is this by design?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware mismatch

Yes. Check to see if there is a RBR match as well. There should be however if there isn't thats ok. the RBS can have the newer version. Just update the satellites first when doing FW updates.

Message 2 of 6
altern8
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, I should have elaborated on my post.  The update was performed thru the Orbi iOS app (I typically do it thru the web portal but I was lazy this morning).  After the update completed, I checked the firmware version and noticed only the RBR unit was updated v2.2.  No problem I thought, let me go to Netgear's website to download and perform a manual update on the satellite but the latest version of firmware for RBS20 is listed as v2.1.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You might leave the RBS alone for now. If the system is working after the update. You can wait for a future update for the RBS.

Message 4 of 6
altern8
Aspirant

great, ty.

i was hoping to finally get ethernet backhaul working but after plugging in my ethernet, the satellite went offline and stayed there until i removed the cable.  guess i will just have to wait.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I think you can update the satellite if there is FW for it. It should connect to the router. Do a reset on the satellite and set it up from scratch via wireless first, then try wired connection after. Give 5 minutes for the top led to turn on BLUE. It should.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7