Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware not updating

kjtycho
Follower

Firmware not updating

Purchased the RBK30 system with a RBR40 router and additional RBW30 satellite.  I have managed to set it all up, and it's all working - connecting devices.

Now I am trying to enable Circle.  It tells me my my router is compatible with circle.  I click 'Enable circle' and it tells me my firmware is out of date.  I click 'Yes please' to update the firmware, login to my netgear router, an it tells me it is updating the firmware.  The blue circle spins for a bit, then I get an error telling me 'Something went wrong.  Update did not complete. Please try again'.  I have registered the product, but cannot find any number or online chat to speak to someone.  

I am in the UK.  Can anyone help...???

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Firmware not updating

What is your current firmware version installed on that Router and also installed on any satellites? (they may be different)

You very well may have to upgrade to an intermediate firmware version before "going all the way" to the current version.

Here is the page with the current firmware for download and at the bottom you can pull down previous versions.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK40.aspx#download

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7