Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update V1.3.0.12

vincemiller
Aspirant

Firmware update V1.3.0.12

Anybody else get this tonight? I just checked for an update and V1.3.0.12 showed up and downloaded. Up and running, just not sure what it did. Looks like the webpage isn't updated yet. 🤔
Message 1 of 24

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

If you click on the V1.3.0.12 link in the Firmware Update page it shows a nifty popup with the changes:

Current Version:V1.2.0.6
New Version:V1.3.0.12

Release Notes:
[New or Enhancement Feature] Supports Canada and China wireless regions.
[New or Enhancement Feature] Optimizes the 5 GHz backhaul RTS threshold to improve the wireless performance.
[New or Enhancement Feature] Supports OpenVPN.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the issue in which some devices display as "unknown" in the Attached Devices page. [Bug Fixed] [Security Fix]Fixes the issue in which IPV6 port 80 and 443 closes by default.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the GUI language for China.
[Bug Fixed] Fix the issue in which wireless devices display as “wired” in the Attached Devices page.
[Bug Fixed] Corrects the DNS configure issue when Parental Controls is enabled.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the firmware auto update fail issue when multiple satellites are updated.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the issue in which the incorrect number of connected devices are displayed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

If you click on the V1.3.0.12 link in the Firmware Update page it shows a nifty popup with the changes:

Current Version:V1.2.0.6
New Version:V1.3.0.12

Release Notes:
[New or Enhancement Feature] Supports Canada and China wireless regions.
[New or Enhancement Feature] Optimizes the 5 GHz backhaul RTS threshold to improve the wireless performance.
[New or Enhancement Feature] Supports OpenVPN.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the issue in which some devices display as "unknown" in the Attached Devices page. [Bug Fixed] [Security Fix]Fixes the issue in which IPV6 port 80 and 443 closes by default.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the GUI language for China.
[Bug Fixed] Fix the issue in which wireless devices display as “wired” in the Attached Devices page.
[Bug Fixed] Corrects the DNS configure issue when Parental Controls is enabled.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the firmware auto update fail issue when multiple satellites are updated.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes the issue in which the incorrect number of connected devices are displayed.

Message 2 of 24
vincemiller
Aspirant

Thank you Sir! 👍🏻
Message 3 of 24

although this isnt a massive update i suspect ( but i might be wrong ) that this fw update is in preperation for a coming further fw update in a few weeks time as you notice non of the features are included in this apart from openvpn

pete

Message 4 of 24

word is that this release is so the orbi system can be released in certain countries , eg Canada and China

pete

Message 5 of 24
rhester72
Virtuoso

What the heck?  So we can no longer see which devices are connected to the router versus the satellite?  😛

Rodney

Message 6 of 24
loomis1975
Luminary

Looks like it.  Have to log in to the satellite seperately now to look at its attached devices list.

Message 7 of 24
rhester72
Virtuoso

...where you can't define device names (can only be done on the router).

This is stupid!  Why on earth would this UI change be made, unless it's to reduce complaints that devices aren't properly connecting/migrating to the appropriate AP (which is true)?

*sigh*  Don't get me wrong, I love my Orbi setup.  I've gone through Google OnHub and eero to get here.  For my home, Orbi is *by far* the best solution - but damn, I hope they aren't going down the route of obfuscation versus actually fixing issues.  We still can't see the quality of the backhaul link, for Chrissakes!  😕

Rodney

Message 8 of 24
AniDutta
Apprentice

I think this was a deliberate implementation to stop people from raising questions on how/which router/satellite devices connect to.
Message 9 of 24
rhester72
Virtuoso

From the debug page, you can check "Enable advanced view of Attached Devices page", which will bring the old (split router/satellite) view back.

It also now indicates which radio (2.4GHz or 5GHz) the device is connected to, which is nice!

Not sure why on earth this is buried on a hidden debug page - why not put it under advanced/administration?

Rodney

Message 10 of 24
Yld2rob
Luminary

I guess they didn't fix the Dropcam disconnect issue. All my other 52 devices they are connected work fine. My 30 day return period is expiring soon. Back  to Best Buy they are going to have to go until they fix that issue. I guess I willkepp updated on the firmware releases and wait for the "fix"

Message 11 of 24
AniDutta
Apprentice

How do I get to the debug page?
Message 12 of 24
rjbones
Guide

I posted earlier the debug page link but I decided to remove it as it might be something that Netgear does not want to disclose to all users.  It would be better if  you contact their support team about it. 

Message 13 of 24

@AniDutta wrote:
How do I get to the debug page?

do a search at the top of this page and search -  hidden features

should give you the answer

Message 14 of 24

@rhester72 wrote:

From the debug page, you can check "Enable advanced view of Attached Devices page", which will bring the old (split router/satellite) view back.

It also now indicates which radio (2.4GHz or 5GHz) the device is connected to, which is nice!

Not sure why on earth this is buried on a hidden debug page - why not put it under advanced/administration?

Rodney

totally agree and the same for telnet

im not sure why they chose to hide ether at this stage as it makes no sense and just makes ppl angry and more frustrated than they already are

Message 15 of 24
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello rjbones 

I checked and its fine if you want to post the debug page if you guys want to see that info.

orbilogin.net/debug.htm

DarrenM

Message 16 of 24
rjbones
Guide

Let me correct Darren's link,  it shoud be orbilogin.net/debug.htm   🙂

Message 17 of 24
AniDutta
Apprentice

Got it. It's pretty handy. Suggest that NG makes it easily accessible.
Message 18 of 24
AniDutta
Apprentice

Thank you everyone for your inputs.
Message 19 of 24
dpdurst
Luminary

Removed

Message 20 of 24
dpdurst
Luminary

And unknown is not fixed in this release.. Now the RBS50 shows that word..

But checking the "Enable view of advanced devices" in the debug page shows connections. That is lame.. 

But now the wireless devices show connection rate either 5G or 2.4G

unknown.jpg

Message 21 of 24

but the good thing is you can rename the sat to what you want now

Message 22 of 24
dmystic1
Apprentice

Out of my 34 connected devices, 17 are unknown still.

Message 23 of 24

@dmystic1 wrote:

Out of my 34 connected devices, 17 are unknown still.

yup i too have a large number of unknown devices still showing on the orbi router and its in AP mode , the asus rt-ac68u client list shows all devices with names

Message 24 of 24
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7