Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update naar 2.6.1.40 voor RBK50 (geen V, v2)

sonocaro
Tutor

Firmware update naar 2.6.1.40 voor RBK50 (geen V, v2)

Beste communityleden,

Ik ervaar stabiliteitsproblemen op mijn RBK50 (geen V, V2) Mesh systeem. De Wifi valt om de haverklap weg. Op dit moment heb ik Firmware V2.5.2.4, ik heb op de community gelezen dat het updaten van de firmware zal het probleem oplossen. Verder heb ik begrepen dat je de update handmatig moet installeren.

Echter als ik de firmware wil downloaden (https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#RBS50%20(Orbi%20Satellite)%20Firmware%20Version%202.6....) en kies ik voor mijn systeem (RBK50) , krijg ik de mogelijkheid om de nieuwe Firmware versie te kunnen downloaden (ik kies dus niet voor (RKBV2)),krijg ik dit bestand binnen (RBS50-V2.6.1.40.img), terwijl ik niet voor V2 gekozen heeft.

Als ik dit bestand handmatig op de Satellite wil uploaden, krijg ik de melding dat het niet mogelijk is omdat het niet voor het systeem geschikt is. Ik moet volgens de handleiding eerst de Satellite updaten en daarna de Router, de Satellite heeft een eigen Firmware bestand en de Router zijn eigen bestand.

Mijn vraag is, is de Firmware versie 2.6.1.40 ook beschikbaar voor RBK50(geen V, V2)? Volgens de Netgear website WEL, op het moment dat ik op download klik, wordt V2 gedownloaden.

B.V.D. voor jullie reacties

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware update naar 2.6.1.40 voor RBK50 (geen V, v2)

Message 3 of 14

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Engels graag

Message 2 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 14
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Engels graag

Dear community members,

I am experiencing stability issues on my RBK50 (no V, V2) Mesh system. The WiFi is constantly being lost. At the moment I have Firmware
V2.5.2.4, I've read on the community that updating the firmware will fix the problem. I also understand that you have to install the update manually.

However if I want to download the firmware (https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#RBS50%20 (Orbi% 20Satellite)% 20Firmware% 20Version% 202.6 ....) and choose my system ( RBK50), I get the opportunity to download the new Firmware version (I don't choose (RKBV2)), I get this file (RBS50-V2.6.1.40.img), while I did not choose V2 .

When I manually upload this file to the Satellite I get a message that it is not possible because it is not suitable for the system. According to the manual I have to update the Satellite first and then the Router, the Satellite has its own Firmware file and the Router its own file.

My question is, is the Firmware version 2.6.1.40 also available for RBK50 (no V, V2)? According to the Netgear website YES, the moment I click download, V2 is downloading.

B.V.D. for your comments

Message 4 of 14
sonocaro
Tutor

Thank you very much for the translation!

Message 5 of 14
sonocaro
Tutor

Thank you very much for your quik response!

When i brows to the suggested hyperlink (https://kb.netgear.com/000062484/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40),  i get the page with this hyperlinks, as you can see in de following hyperlinks,thee zip files has V2. When i choose for the V2 download page, i get the same files as here below.

RBR50 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/RBR50-V2.6.1.40.zip

RBS50 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/RBS50-V2.6.1.40.zip

Message 6 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 14
sonocaro
Tutor

I have downloaded these two files. When i try to manualy upload the .img file of the Satellite to the Satellite (the first step for the update of the mesh system), i get aan Failuer popup. See screenshot please.

You wrote the following " Seems like you have non V2 FW loaded on your system..." how can i load V2 FW if my system is not V2?

Thansk for your response!

Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try this:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Need to press the reset button for 30 seconds then release, then it send to PUT the command and upload the FW. 

If this fails, I would make contact with NG support to ask for additional help on this.

@Blanca_O 

Message 9 of 14
sonocaro
Tutor

Hi  FURRYe38,

Thanks again for your response. I was reading your suggestion, at that moment i had this question, should i first do this for the Satellite and then for the Router. At that moment i decided to logon  in to the Satellite (Ip address), so NOT throw http://orbilogin.net/.

On the Satellite Webinterface i found Firmware option, i've tried this way and i was able to update the FirmWare!

The i made the connection to the Router and it was possible to upfdate the FirmWare of the Router

At the first FirmWare update attempts, i followed the Netgear manual, whitch in my case has not worked to update both of the Satellite and the Router together.

"

Manually update satellite firmware We recommend that you update your
satellite’s firmware before you update the router’s firmware.
To manually update your satellite’s firmware:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your
Orbi network.
2. Enter orbilogin.com.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Administration > Firmware Update > Manual Update.
The Firmware Update page displays.
5. Select the check box next to your satellite’s model name.
If you have more than one satellite, only update one satellite at a time. You must wait
for the first satellite to finish updating before updating the next satellite.
6. Click the Update button.

"

It seems that the network now more stable, thanks a lot!!!

Message 10 of 14
vajim
Master

Hi  FURRYe38,

be sure to include the firmware disclaimer statement.

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, when doing manual update, apply the FW update to the RBS web page first, then after thats done, update the RBR using it's web page is the prefered method or however you can use the RBRs web page as well. 

Sounds like you got it working. If so, please mark your thread as solved. 

Be sure to save off a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

@sonocaro wrote:

Hi  FURRYe38,

Thanks again for your response. I was reading your suggestion, at that moment i had this question, should i first do this for the Satellite and then for the Router. At that moment i decided to logon  in to the Satellite (Ip address), so NOT throw http://orbilogin.net/.

On the Satellite Webinterface i found Firmware option, i've tried this way and i was able to update the FirmWare!

The i made the connection to the Router and it was possible to upfdate the FirmWare of the Router

At the first FirmWare update attempts, i followed the Netgear manual, whitch in my case has not worked to update both of the Satellite and the Router together.

"

Manually update satellite firmware We recommend that you update your
satellite’s firmware before you update the router’s firmware.
To manually update your satellite’s firmware:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your
Orbi network.
2. Enter orbilogin.com.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Administration > Firmware Update > Manual Update.
The Firmware Update page displays.
5. Select the check box next to your satellite’s model name.
If you have more than one satellite, only update one satellite at a time. You must wait
for the first satellite to finish updating before updating the next satellite.
6. Click the Update button.

"

It seems that the network now more stable, thanks a lot!!!

Message 12 of 14
sonocaro
Tutor

Thank you FURRYe38,

I will safe the configuration (thaks for the tip).

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7