Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update

fORBId
Aspirant

Firmware update

I am running RBS50 with router and two satellites.

On the Advanced/Administration/Firmware Update page I could see that I am running V2.7.3.22 on all three devices, and that there were no new updates available. However, on the Orbi support section of the Netgear website, V2.7.4.24 is available. I downloaded it and successfully installed it on the router.

When I went to install it on the satellites, however, I got a message that the firmware is wrong for the devices.

I am a bit surprised at this - would have thought that all three should be at the same level.

Does anyone know if it is normal that router and satellite run different firmware levels?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
fORBId
Aspirant

Re: Firmware update

Apologies - I had missed out on the fact that there are two different versions for router and satellite ... please ignore this thread 🙄

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
fORBId
Aspirant

Apologies - I had missed out on the fact that there are two different versions for router and satellite ... please ignore this thread 🙄

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you got it figured out, simply mark it solved. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7