Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmwire udate

Gorter
Follower

Firmwire udate

Hi

Question. I keep getting emails from Netgear that there is a new firmware update for my Orbi RBR 20 system! But when look in the app for new update he keeps telling me that there is not a new update ad the time. Can someone tell my what the newest firmware update is fore my router en satellite? The firmware what a got on my systeem is V2.3.5.36 Also when I login in to website to try to update a get the same answer that there not a new update!

I hope to here from you.

Greetings Jerry
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

These Netgear emails make no sense.  I have been following this community forum for two years, and have never heard an explanation of how they are created.  If the Orbi WiFi system is working correctly, PLEASE, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CrimpOn wrote:

...................  If the Orbi WiFi system is working correctly, PLEASE, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My Mantra for years

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

If you want to update your Orbi FW, you can check to see what is most current, always manually download the FW files from here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Review the release notes for each version of FW and determine if you want to update. 

Manually install them using a web browser connected to the RBS and RBRs web page. Update the RBS first, then RBR lastly.

You don't have to update either. 

@Gorter wrote:
Hi

Question. I keep getting emails from Netgear that there is a new firmware update for my Orbi RBR 20 system! But when look in the app for new update he keeps telling me that there is not a new update ad the time. Can someone tell my what the newest firmware update is fore my router en satellite? The firmware what a got on my systeem is V2.3.5.36 Also when I login in to website to try to update a get the same answer that there not a new update!

I hope to here from you.

Greetings Jerry

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7