Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: First quation about RBK30

Beckss
Aspirant

First quation about RBK30

Thanks to all guys, that will answer to my quation.
I purchased RBK30 Orbi system and would like to know if base station is support POE as output for LAN.
Thanks and regards, Stas
Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
waynealight
Apprentice

do you mean if the orbi can output poe? No it can not, you will need to install poe injectors to those devices or buy a poe switch.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
waynealight
Apprentice

do you mean if the orbi can output poe? No it can not, you will need to install poe injectors to those devices or buy a poe switch.

Message 2 of 4
Beckss
Aspirant

Thank you very much for quick answer and clarification. And I would also ask you if I connect modem/router to basic station via lan cable in two separate rooms and on modem/router side I want connect storage box via lan cable to modem/router - could I see it in home LAN? If you not understand my question I will upload picture. Thanks and regards.
Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
waynealight
Apprentice

I copied this from another post I did earlier.  it should explain exactly what you are wanting to do

You can not have 2 dhcp routers on the same ip address.  having 2 networks in general will create all kinds of problems.  you must either put the orbi in access point mode, this will disable dhcp on the orbi or you will need to add some equipment.  

the recommended way of doing this

remove everything from the modem except the orbi

on the orbi, set wan to no login required and automatically obtain ip from isp.

go back to the modem. you should see orbi connected to it.  now if you have the ability to set a dmz passthrough assign the orbi mac address to it.  This will pass the wan address from the isp to the orbi.  Now understand you will still have 2 local networks. one for the modem and one for the orbi, but the orbi will have direct access to the isp and not create a double nat.  you can set the lan range of the orbi to whatever you want, as long as its different than the modem.  so your wan address will be something like 69.136.158.102. you can not change this, its assigned by your isp.  you can set your lan of the modem to say 192.168.1.1 and your orbi to 192.168.2.1 ofcourse you can change this to whatever you like, but they must be different.

If you can not set a complete dmz passthrough to the orbi, you will have a double nat but it will work for most things.  on the modem, set the orbi mac address to a lan ip of your choosing, then set the dmz to that address.  This will atleast allow the orbi to not be blocked in any way by the modem.  on your modem it will have a wan address of say 69.136.158.102. again this is assigned by your isp. your modem lan will be 192.168.1.1 and say you assign 192.168.1.100 to the orbi.  this will also by the dmz address you set.  on the orbi your wan address will now be 192.168.1.100 and you can setup for lan as 192.168.2.1  

From here you will need 2 ethernet cables going from the modem location to the orbi.  one will connect the modem to the wan port of the orbi, the second will connect from the orbi back to the location of the modem, but this time plugged into a switch.  you can get 5 port gigabit switch on amazon for 20 bucks.  this will allow all your hardwired components at the modem location to connect to the orbi network.  at the orbi if you need more ethernet ports you can add another switch there as well.

after everything is setup, its recommended you disable all wifi radios on the modem so it doesn't interfear with the orbi.  if you are connected to the orbi, you will always be able to connect to the modem.  In networking you can always climb up the chain in ips to access different systems but you can never climb down.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7