Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Fix the Netgear Orbi App!

Yld2rob
Luminary

Fix the Netgear Orbi App!

I have downloaded the Orbi app on my iPad and iPhone 7. Both of them show Online and 2 Satellites connected. But, the number of connected devices never shows. I have about 55 connected deviceand they show up when I use the web portal (access the router directly) with 192.168.1.1. Let's go Netgear. 

Message 1 of 9
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

I don't have that problem. However using genie, orbi app, web portal for both router and satellite is kinda getting old. Come on man.
Message 2 of 9
rhester72
Virtuoso

I'm also having the exact problem the OP describes.  Router shows up, satellite shows up, 0 connected devices per the Android app (web UI is fine).

Rodney

Message 3 of 9
Drake0508
Star

I know this is several months old but I just started having this problem last week. Has anybody heard anything?
Message 4 of 9
shonmoney1
Initiate

I have this problem! is there a fix yet?

Message 5 of 9
JimSatala77
Aspirant

Orbi app shows 0 satellite but they are show under connected device's, if I go to the main router Web gui I see all 3 satellite under the connected satellite list. I also have major problems getting the orbi app to connect it constantly says network busy. I'm also getting a intermittent network shutdown if I'm streaming video or audio at high bit rate, like the system gets overloaded
Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ditto here.  It doesn't work, but to be fair, they are probably consumed working on the stability of the system, not the app.

Message 7 of 9
JimSatala77
Aspirant

So far this system is less stable and slower by far than the adhoc mesh I created using a asus Ac5300 and 2 asus rp-Ac68u, I am going to give this another week or so and go back to the asus setup. I have been looking for a new system for months and so far every one of these mesh systems are horrible with lan throughput, I am thinking that these are not for people with a nas or home media server but just for large coverage and very light usage
Message 8 of 9
rhester72
Virtuoso

@JimSatala77 wrote:
So far this system is less stable and slower by far than the adhoc mesh I created using a asus Ac5300 and 2 asus rp-Ac68u, I am going to give this another week or so and go back to the asus setup. I have been looking for a new system for months and so far every one of these mesh systems are horrible with lan throughput, I am thinking that these are not for people with a nas or home media server but just for large coverage and very light usage

I routinely stream 4K video through my satellite upstairs to my Plex client downstairs without issue...if you need beyond gigabit in the air, I doubt you'll be happy with any wireless solution, but for me, backhaul performance is better than wired (incurred latency penalty is 1.8ms).

Rodney

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7