Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Force 2.4GHz only to connect smart devices

dcr_60
Aspirant

Force 2.4GHz only to connect smart devices

@FURRYe38   The referenced articles are from 2018 and the it appears the "where" in the UI and/or the how to broadcast only 2.4 has changed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Force 2.4GHz only to connect smart devices

So you might want to also change the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25% on the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Turn OFF any RBS temporarily. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

So you might want to also change the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25% on the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Turn OFF any RBS temporarily. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was. 

Message 2 of 4
dcr_60
Aspirant

Thanks. I will give this a try.

UPDATE: This worked for me.  Thank you @FURRYe38 !

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7