Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Force Device to Orbi Satellite/Router

ckfox4
Follower

Force Device to Orbi Satellite/Router

Hello,

First time poster after switching from an Asus router to Orbi.

I am having issues with my mesh speaker network and Orbi; After significant amount of troubleshooting I can see that my mesh speakers are connected over various networks; Router, Satellite, 2.4 & 5 (Bose Soundtouch).

Whenever I attempt to use the mesh speaker network there's a huge delay in response and then the router & satellite reboot (essentially kicking everything off the network).

Is there any way to force connect the speakers to a certain network and frequency.

Orbi Router -> Orbi Satellite (Ethernet backhaul). Latest FW.

Cheers,

Chris

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

I have a mesh speaker network and I don't experience delay caused by the speakers connected to different Orbi nodes.

1. Are all the speakers connected over wifi?
  2. Any speakers wired to Orbi? If yes, how many?
  3. Wif Orbi software do you have?
  4. Is Daisy Chain activated?

Message 2 of 3
tucsontico
Virtuoso

I am using the Bose Soundtouch as my mesh speakers (over 2 years) and do not have the issue you noted. It sounds as if you have the router and satellite(s) too close together. Try moving the satellite(s) at least 30 feet (10 meters) away from the router. Are there other WiFi signals nearby? Interference from competing WiFi sources can also cause similar dropouts/crashes. Try setting your ORBI to Ch 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4 gHz and Ch 36, 40, 44, or 48 for 5 gHz. (You can get apps to analyze the WiFi signals in your house from various sources.)

Also, a factory reset of the ORBI system may help solve the issue. If you resort to a factory reset,be certain to reconfigure your system from scratch. Do not use a backup config file as there could be corrupted data in that file causing your issue. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7