Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Forum changes

rhester72
Virtuoso

Forum changes

We're back to this again?!?

Netgear, if I can't tell what topics I've read, I can't keep up, and I can't assist people.

Either figure it out or revert and stay there - there was nothing wrong with the old forum!

Rodney

Message 1 of 15
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

This. Plus Netgear seems to have followed the absolutely ridiculous trend of ultra-low contrast UIs. 

I know it's trendy with the developer crowd, but light grey on lighter grey on white is a HORRIBLE choice for a UI. Thrown in small thin line font and you get a UI that is the very definition of anti-ergonomic.

Suggestions:
1. Roll back...
2. Reassign your web UI developers to fixing the ORBI UI.  Simple features like disabling auto-update and valid data in status screens are long overdue.

@rhester72 wrote:

Netgear, if I can't tell what topics I've read, I can't keep up, and I can't assist people.

Either figure it out or revert and stay there - there was nothing wrong with the old forum!

Rodney

Message 2 of 15
st_shaw
Master

I agree the new format is poor. However, topics you have not read are in Bold font. Topics you have read are normal. The problem is the font, because the difference between bold and normal is almost imperceptible. 

Message 3 of 15
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Below is what I see. It's awful. It has already reduced the number of threads I read by 75%.

ng1.png

Message 4 of 15
Hydro130
Luminary

Agree 100%

This new format is god-awful. 

I know it's intended to accomodate mobile users, but it's a complete trainwreck on desktop.

Maybe it's beautiful on mobile, but I'll never know since I don't use my phone to visit these forums.

Message 5 of 15
st_shaw
Master

I can just barely see the bolding on the iPad and on Safari on Mac. The letters are ever so slightly thicker. I don't think I can see it at all on Windows 10 in the Edge browser.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 9.50.37 AM.png

Message 6 of 15
captain_phaser
Apprentice

@rhester72 wrote:

Rodney

Agreed. This new layout seems like a step back. Some simple improvements like actual topic categories and integrated multi-quote would be nice so there isn't just a landing page with every single Orbi thread ever created with 90+ pages and no organization.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 7 of 15
martyfp
Luminary

er. I have to agree. This is not an improvement....

also missing is the link to jump to the latest post.   It should have a link here...

Capture.JPG

Message 8 of 15
rhester72
Virtuoso

I checked - on Chrome on Windows, there is literally not a single pixel differentiating read topics from unread.  It may well vary by brower and platform.

Rodney

Message 9 of 15
ArtLee
Apprentice

Of course, every computer is different, but fwiw, I have no problem at all seeing bolded (and unread) entries in the topics list. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 10 of 15
Silver0066
Apprentice

This new forum layout is terrible.  I have now returned my RB50 Orbi system because of the horrible support.  It now appears that the Forum designers are just as incompetent as the Support personel and their Engineers trying to fix bugs now for over 6 months without success.

Message 11 of 15
loomis1975
Luminary

I really can't tell the difference between read and unread messages on Chrome browser in Win 10.

Message 12 of 15
ArtLee
Apprentice

@loomis1975 wrote:

I really can't tell the difference between read and unread messages on Chrome browser in Win 10.

Seems like I can see the diff depending on the browser or device, like my ipad. Clearly, SOME text is bold, but... For me, it's just a minor inconvenience. 

Message 13 of 15
JMU1998
Luminary

Another useless attempt  to fix something that was not broken like removing ability to adjust radio power, now why "fix" this forum old one was just fine.

Message 14 of 15
Silver0066
Apprentice

NETGEAR, when are you going to fix the forum?  No difference between read and unread.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 24 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7