Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Foscam C1 Cameras

Guapo_Apo
Aspirant

Foscam C1 Cameras

Hi, 

Hoping someone can help me so I can keep my Orbi!

I have several Foscam C1 cameras that operate only on 2.4ghz frequency.  When setting up, my phone needs to be connected to a 2.4ghz signal, but with the Orbi it forces to the 5ghz signal, preventing me from setting up my cameras.  

Is it possible to set up these cameras with the Orbi?  If not I'll have to go a different route...

Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Miles267
Apprentice

Turns out the fix for me was not to plug each camera in via cable, but rather to DISABLE Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence for 2.4 ghz band via ADVANCED > ADVANCED SETUP > WIRELESS SETTINGS.  Hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Guapo_Apo
Aspirant

Hi, figured it out!  Get to keep my Orbi.  Thanks.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 5
Miles267
Apprentice

Hi - may I ask what the fix was for this?  Am having the same issue with Netgear Orbi and Foscam IP cameras.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Guapo_Apo
Aspirant

HI,

You need to plug in each Foscam camera, one at a time, into your Orbi router via an ethernet cable and then configure.  

Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
Miles267
Apprentice

Turns out the fix for me was not to plug each camera in via cable, but rather to DISABLE Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence for 2.4 ghz band via ADVANCED > ADVANCED SETUP > WIRELESS SETTINGS.  Hope this helps others.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7