Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frequent disconnect (purple light) after 1.12.0.18

garykaifong
Aspirant

Frequent disconnect (purple light) after 1.12.0.18

My Orbi (RBK50) gets purple light very frequently, like once every 10-15 mins, after upgraded to the latest firmware 1.12.0.18. This happened before, but now is getting unacceptably way more frequent. I thought 1.12.0.18 is meant to resolve the disconnect issue, but apparently I got the other way round. I like the Orbi overall, but the disconnect issue just bothers me too much. I feel disappointed with this so-called flagship product.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
Arjun0o
Guide

Re: Frequent disconnect (purple light) after 1.12.0.18

The ring LED turns MAGENTA on the router or on the satellite? If it happens on the satellite, move it closer to the router, or reset it for 30 seconds. If it happens on the router, then that is a completely different issue. Can you please specify?

Message 2 of 5
garykaifong
Aspirant

MAGENTA on the router.

Message 3 of 5
HalBumble
Aspirant

Same problem here. Disconnects every 10 to 120 minutes at random - no specific activity going on. It did not used to disconnect ever, was very stable.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 5
Arjun0o
Guide

If the ring LED on the router is magenta, it means ithe connection between your orbi router and the exisitig modem/gateway is not stable. I would power-cycle the modem/gateway. Plug a laptop/computer directly into the modem/gateway and check if the connection is stable or not. I would check the logs as well. If it is a DSL modem/gateway, it might be getting disconnecting from the DSLAM servers. I would reset the modem/gateway if I see something strange in the logs. Once I have a stable connection from the modem, I would connect orbi router back with it, and check if the ring led turns magenta or not. If it does, power-cycle it once. It will refresh the whole network. It should work fine after that.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7