Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frustrated with Orbi in AP mode

harinair
Aspirant

Frustrated with Orbi in AP mode

I have ATT Gigapower router and I am placing the Orbi with two satellites as Access Point. Now I am running into an interesting issue. I am unable to see the network devices connected to the ATT router anymore. I did not have this issue when I ran the Netgear Nighthawk X6 in access point mode. Any ideas how I can solve this? Once I enable access point mode, I cannot even access the Orbi control panel.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: Frustrated with Orbi in AP mode

Orbi will not behave like this if things are setup correctly.  Check to make sure everything is configured right and connected correctly.

Make sure you have Orbi wired to the router correctly.  You must connect the Yellow Internet port on Orbi to one of the LAN ports on your AT&T router.

Make sure Orbi is actually configured in access point mode via the admin GUI accessible at http://10.0.0.1 (replace 10.0.0.1 with the actual IP address of your Orbi.)

Log into your AT&T router and verify it's in router mode and make sure the DHCP server is enabled, so it can assign IP addresses to the Orbi units.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7