Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gaming Services Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

relindwto6
Follower

Gaming Services Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

My Orbi did something today that has never happened before. It isn't allowing gaming apps to connect to the Wi-Fi. There are a couple of gaming apps that are always online, and I've never had problems with these types of games connecting to my Orbi. I was playing a couple of games this morning with no issues.

I showered, ate breakfast and got ready to work. However, my son got on to a couple of his online games and told me they weren't connecting to the Orbi. I checked my phone and saw that my games weren't connecting either. However, all other apps seem to be working fine including social networking and streaming apps. My son went on to his Switch and could not connect online either. I didn't have time to do much trouble shooting because I had to get to work, but I'm assuming our PS4 probably won't be able to connect online either.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure what changed because everything was working fine when I woke up, and I didn't touch any of the router settings. Nothing should've changed, but now I'm looking at a situation where it appears that all gaming services are unable to connect to my Orbi.

I did a quick reboot of the Orbi, but that didn't help. I'll have to try to fix the issue when I get home, but I'd appreciate it if anyone can help figure out what's going on and what I can do to fix this issue.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Gaming Services Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Review this thread as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Games-not-connecting-to-Wi-Fi/m-p/1941317#M97070

If you didn't change anything on the orbi, then this maybe a ISP or game service issue. Nothing Orbi related. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Gaming Services Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Any progress on this? 

@relindwto6 wrote:

My Orbi did something today that has never happened before. It isn't allowing gaming apps to connect to the Wi-Fi. There are a couple of gaming apps that are always online, and I've never had problems with these types of games connecting to my Orbi. I was playing a couple of games this morning with no issues.

I showered, ate breakfast and got ready to work. However, my son got on to a couple of his online games and told me they weren't connecting to the Orbi. I checked my phone and saw that my games weren't connecting either. However, all other apps seem to be working fine including social networking and streaming apps. My son went on to his Switch and could not connect online either. I didn't have time to do much trouble shooting because I had to get to work, but I'm assuming our PS4 probably won't be able to connect online either.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure what changed because everything was working fine when I woke up, and I didn't touch any of the router settings. Nothing should've changed, but now I'm looking at a situation where it appears that all gaming services are unable to connect to my Orbi.

I did a quick reboot of the Orbi, but that didn't help. I'll have to try to fix the issue when I get home, but I'd appreciate it if anyone can help figure out what's going on and what I can do to fix this issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7