Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie mobile app not working for remote acces with Orbi system

Genie mobile app not working for remote acces with Orbi system

Has anyone been successful using the genie app on their smartphones or computers ? This feature was supposed to be supported in the latest firmware for Orbi but I've not been able to use the genie app. My Orbi is registered in mynetgear account but when I attempt to set up remote access via the genie app it just gives me an error message saying server error. It will let me use the app while connected to my home network but not remotely which is what I'm hoping to accomplish. Any input much appreciated! Thanks
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ukwildcar4life

Are you using Android or IOS and what version are you on I want to collect some data to give to the engineers to see if they can replicate and fix the issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3

Thanks for your reply...I should have updated.....I was able to figure out  the problem......I hadn't created a remote access account; I thought using my mynetegear account was all I needed but I guess Netgear has changed that......Once I created the remote access account everything worked........

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7