Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Get out, while you can!

Get out, while you can!

wg4ever
Star

Get out, while you can!

If you're having issues, do not let Netgear stall you long enough, to let your 90 day return, to the store you bought the product at, expire. Over the past 6 months, I have spent 9 useless hours on the phone with support about the connectivity problems. Almost everyone is having the same problems. Look on eBay at all of the Orbis up for sale. They are trying to blame it on Google phones, and other connected devices, buttons activated, and buttons not activated. I have Roku, Fire TV boxes, Apple devices, Android phones, and they ALL experience the constant internet dropping of these high priced lemons. They can't fix it with a firmware upgrade, OR downgrade, because it's not software related. They know it's a hardware issue, but they keep you on the phone for 3 hours at a time trying to get you to try the same ole crap, over and over again, and never offer to do any more than send you the another replacement lemon. Why do they do that?
Because they're stalling you, long enough, for your 90 day return policy to end, at the store in which you bought this piece of junk. If it's not too late, please return this product. Trust me, even if it is working for you, at the moment, it will start going downhill fast. Worst purchase that I ever made. Netgear got over $400 of my hard-earned cash, and by the time I realized that Netgear wasn't helping me, and were only stalling me, so I wouldn't be able to return the Orbi, it was too late. Don't let this happen to you. I have excepted that I was ripped off. I had, finally had enough of watching television, with freezing and buffering, trying to watch a movie and the app couldn't even load the film, and trying to surf the net, on my phone, and having to turn off the WiFi, so I could do it. A week ago, after 6 months of running, up and down my stairs, constantly resetting these stress-causing Orbis, I unhooked them for good. Every techie, that I know, kept telling me to buy the Google system. They said that it was the only bug-free system, out there. They told me that it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles, of the other systems, but it works great. I boxed up the Orbi, threw it in the corner and bought the Google system. For the past 10 days, since I installed it, I have not had a single problem. My WiFi is back to being super fast, and it STAYS connected! If you've put up with this Orbi crap, as long as I have, then please, take my advice and except the loss, and go buy the Google system. I had forgotten how nice reliable WiFi felt. Being a cord-cutter, it was essential. Now I have it back. Netgear, I trusted your product, for the past 20 years, but, not any more. I will never buy another Netgear product, ever again. You know this product is bad, and you chose to do nothing about it, except to string everyone along. Only time that I have ever felt like suing a company for ripping me off.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Get out, while you can!

@wg4ever totally justified frustration.

Two requests, if I may. First, please add yourself to the de-facto offical refund request list, it's the most visible list there is so far. Second, if you are interested in fighting for a refund, please see my post on how to reproduce the issue reliably. You shouldn't have to go through that effort, but it's currently the only means I know to get your money back.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 4
Hawk600
Star

To OP, totally justified frustration, NG has showed total disregard for customers so far on this product.

Not a super easy task but you could try downgrade your Orbi to firmware 2.0.0.74, sattelite first them the router.

Mine is running stable and running rocky solid on that firmware and I have a lot of smart home devices connected, Android devices, PCs, VPN etc.

The couple times NG pushed their broken updates, my system become unstable rebooting randonly but I manually downgraded and everything is runnnig smooth again.

I have all wifi boost features enabled but I do not use Circle neither wired backhaul.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4