Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Google Chrome, Orbi and Apple AirPlay somehow causing issues

hermanw7
Aspirant

Google Chrome, Orbi and Apple AirPlay somehow causing issues

Hi all,

Whenever on 5 Ghz Wifi on my (recent) MacBook (with up-to-date OSX) googling something in Google Chrome, my AirPlay connection to my wired Apple TV cuts out. Connection is otherwise fine throughout the house, and this doesn't happen when I use Incognito browsing. I've tried logging out of all Google services on Chrome, but this doesn't seem to do anything. AirPlay for some reason doesn't cut out whenever I google something in incognito browsing. Does anyone have a clue what might be going on here? Is using Google somehow taking all my bandwidth? I'm on a 400/40 mbit connection, so it shouldn't be. This problem also doesn't happen when using AirPlay from any other device.

Thanks in advance!

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Google Chrome, Orbi and Apple AirPlay somehow causing issues

Does this happen with any other browsers? IE11, FF or Opera?

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming to test...

Message 2 of 4
hermanw7
Aspirant

Switching off MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming don't seem to make any difference.

I don't have any of these browsers installed, but in Safari, it doesn't happen either. Puzzling, right? Must be some kind of Google service causing this?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possibly. Google is know for doing shady things with there browers. I don't use Chrome at all personally unless for testing.

Use Safari for a while and see how it goes. Try one of the other browers and see if you notice the problem as well. There mabye some Chrome features causing problems.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7